t88 boost how much for stock bottem

Twisted306

May 6, 2007
how much boost can i run on a stock bottem end it dose have the trw forged pistons turbo is a t88 made by holset all the motor has is p heads ported cobra intake ported b-cam 1.73 rockers

• Sponsors (?)

How much boost can I run on a stock bottom end? It does have the TRW forged pistons and the turbo is a t88 made by Holset. All the motor has are P heads, ported Cobra intake, b-cam, and 1.73 rockers.
Fixed.

Ok, now that I made that legible, I think I can answer. What injectors are you running? You'll probably need at least some 42 pounders and a good (not C&L) MAF to get it tuned for your combo. I've heard the limitation for a stock bottom end is somewhere around 12 lbs., but there's other factors that play into whether or not it'll handle that much. Boost is calculated as the "backpressure" for lack of a better word, that you see when compressing the air against a restrictive top end. If you already have a high flowing combo, you may see less boost, but more power. Hopefully someone will chime in that can explain it better, but I just wanted to point out that there's more to it than just throwing some PSI at your engine and hoping it'll take 12 lbs because someone else's did with stock E7 heads, while you have some nice ported heads and intake to go along with it. I hope that made sense?

i was thinking 6-8 pounds entercooled. how do i find what injectors i need last car that my dad did he use a t-trim superchager with 36 pound injectors with 11 pounds all the stuff to run it fmu 255 pump it was a stock motor just exhaust and gears i do have -8 fuel rail and steped to -10 fitting aeromotive fuel pressure regulator -10 lines -6 return when under boost it gos 1.1 do i need the fmu i now i need the msd boot timing thing