Tail Light Questions

Reserrved

15 Year Member
Oct 9, 2013
Hey guys got a few questions hope to get answered. About a week ago i got my first car (87 gt) and it has some clear Lx tail lights. Theres about a quarter inch gap between the lenses and the housing. First question, is that normal for all Lx lenses? If i do get new tail lights would it be worth selling the clear lenses? They're in pretty good shape. Thanks in advanced.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys got a few questions hope to get answered. About a week ago i got my first car (87 gt) and it has some clear Lx tail lights. Theres about a quarter inch gap between the lenses and the housing. First question, is that normal for all Lx lenses? If i do get new tail lights would it be worth selling the clear lenses? They're in pretty good shape. Thanks in advanced.

I think that's normal, but can you post some pictures...?

That gap looks normal.

The lenses are held on with Butyl tape and various clips. Autozone carries the butyl tape in the aisle they sell the RTV in.

As for the clips, try late model resto

The clips might be on the clear lenses you have now, so check there first.

That gap looks normal.

The lenses are held on with Butyl tape and various clips. Autozone carries the butyl tape in the aisle they sell the RTV in.

As for the clips, try late model resto

The clips might be on the clear lenses you have now, so check there first.

They have 4 clips each, two on top two on bottom. There's suppose to be 6 right? Would the extra 2 make a difference?