Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

So I’ve been contemplating this for a minute. I don’t drive all that often so I’ve been thinking about deleting my ac, already have the kit and had it powder coated. Has anyone used those kits that eliminate that belt tensioner pulley? I really like my powder coated steeda pulley but those kits look pretty cool as well. If I do they delete kit I know the PS moves up but with that other kit, would I just leave it in its original position? It does get hot as hell here in ATX but again it’s not a daily, sees more garage time than out and about.
9036DABB-6E83-4671-8212-7ECAFF04E33F.jpeg
959FEA33-13B1-4D74-8399-5E4ED0DCD7D8.jpeg
57025D74-4E9E-491B-83C7-73139F695F22.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

That’s what I thought I saw. Looks like the emblem took some clear coat off. That fender will need to be refinished. To do that right, you’ll need to remove the front cover, splash shield, rocker molding before you paint. Hopefully it can be done without blending the door. That sucks man, has that fender been painted before? Kinda looks like it.

@Davedacarpainter?

Last edited:
That’s what I thought I saw. Looks like the emblem took some clear coat off. That fender will need to be refinished. To do that right, you’ll need to remove the front cover, splash shield, rocker molding before you paint. Hopefully it can be done without blending the door. That sucks man, has that fender been painted before? Kinda looks like it.

@Davedacarpainter?
So it’s surely been bleed into when I painted the hood, and I did manage to bump one of those gas station pump bars around the pumps back in the day, let’s just say young and dumb and shouldn’t have been driving, so yes it has. Now I have to look at the passenger side, I don’t think it’s as bad.

Last edited:
Yeah man I don’t think it’s an area that can be spot refinished. That freaking sucks. You could always throw those cobras back on to hide it. Hopefully it won’t peel anymore

It hasn’t worked since 2000, never been converted, not hoping for extreme horse power gain by doing so but kind of like the look being all freed up, can see the heads etc. little more of a clean look imo. But ac is nice I’ll admit that lol.

Yeah man I don’t think it’s an area that can be spot refinished. That freaking sucks. You could always throw those cobras back on to hide it. Hopefully it won’t peel anymore
True that idk I’m bummed, the other side did it to, not as noticeable but if I run my fingers over the area you can tell and feel the ridge. Real bummer

No big changes as of now but finally made some small steps at making the car more a piece of me. Always called the car the DD or Devils Daughter. So I finally got some custom wheel caps, ovals and a new sticker to replace the Scott rod sticker on the filler cover. My wife and I just bought our first house and we are super pumped so we’ve been busy with closing etc and now I’m all about repainting the garage and cleaning the concrete to lay down some epoxy. Which I’m thinking it’s technically not an epoxy i guess but I’ll probably end up using the Rust-Oleum rocksolid product. Anyways the process of cleaning the the garage floor is under way and will be a tough one but it will get done.
5DA93B6F-8781-47B3-A5BE-53BC6797AAA3.jpeg
071F86E2-3975-407D-ACA9-0C6AA379DD36.jpeg
DDBC1AF6-4177-4311-8504-27CD895E7900.jpeg
0564D692-EF5A-480A-9405-C9FA5E636DD6.jpeg
74425D2D-39C3-4BF5-B2A5-559FBEAC9840.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
wow like the emblems... I got some SVE 10th wheels for mine in black... I was thinking I would like to get mustang horse emblems to replace the SVE like you did... or I guess I could get what I call mine "Dirty Whore" that's what I yell at it when I'm working on it... lol... where did you get them done?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
That really is a sharp looking car. Cool custom emblems! I like the fact that there is a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. I always make sure to have one around. I really need to get one to put in the car. I've seen to many examples of cars being destroyed by a leaking fuel rail or other fuel component that didn't get properly sealed or tightened up.

New home, super pumped! I’m thinking nice fresh painted white walls, and I’m thinking of going with the black high gloss rocksolid and metallic flakes. Was surprised but even the wifey jumped in and helped out on the first scrub with just some simple green degreaser. Bad thing is now we are a 5 minute drive to Lake Austin and across the street from lake Lanier and now I want a boat!! Anyways hope it turns out to look this good, if anyone has some tips and tricks on how they did theirs let me know.
C9B0BA11-3735-490B-88A1-FD157B38C0E0.jpeg
8C5AD0C0-6A18-452A-8BEA-6B05AD89FF50.jpeg
30155700-DAF6-4F89-BF24-8F4E284996D6.jpeg
4755C377-56A2-4F41-8E8A-9EB892DB3770.gif

Reactions: 3 users
wow like the emblems... I got some SVE 10th wheels for mine in black... I was thinking I would like to get mustang horse emblems to replace the SVE like you did... or I guess I could get what I call mine "Dirty Whore" that's what I yell at it when I'm working on it... lol... where did you get them done?
Yeah man this guy will make whatever caps, ovals etc you need. His custom work and cars are nuts. We follow each other on insta goes by @sinisbuilt just message him, also on fb.

Attachments

• 298913B3-B950-4091-8C0D-DDFC26810C46.jpeg
    298913B3-B950-4091-8C0D-DDFC26810C46.jpeg
    822.9 KB · Views: 197
where did you get these custom emblems
I ordered them from a guy I follow on insta @sinisbuilt he is also on fb. Cool guy, sent him some ideas of what I wanted. I felt bad bc I had 3 different DD caps designs I liked and the final ones to which we both liked turned out to be similar to ones he runs on his white lx.

That really is a sharp looking car. Cool custom emblems! I like the fact that there is a fire extinguisher hanging on the wall. I always make sure to have one around. I really need to get one to put in the car. I've seen to many examples of cars being destroyed by a leaking fuel rail or other fuel component that didn't get properly sealed or tightened up.
Oh for sure man and thanks, this is actually in there bc of my Apts. But it’s surely a nice thing. The house I just bought has one in the garage already to so that’s awesome.

Ive always liked that car Devil! That engine bay looks awesome man! Nice and clean! Nice little touch with those center caps too!
Blake thanks man appreciate it. I try and keep it clean and moving. Few more things I’d like to do and paint is one of the big ones, but I want it all done, including the engine bay, I use to want the vibrant 93 cobra red but I might just stick with my stock 91 GT red. If I ever get to dropping in a new motor that’s when I’ll hit it with a paint job!!

Well it’s comin along, no actual car updates but the new garage is coming along. Spent a lot of time scrubbing and etching, washing it out, repainted all the walls and ceiling, as well as patching up a bunch of holes. Laid down the Rust-Oleum garage primer last night and I can’t wait to put down the rocksolid and metallic flakes followed by the clear coat.
161A59DA-1BDA-4707-AC4D-41003DD0F0A9.jpeg
8CACFFDC-F4C4-484D-B2E7-D5856B741FF8.jpeg
0EC1351B-4380-4C73-8B75-EBEA90065999.jpeg
B0FE76C1-7E7E-4FB4-A7A6-6819CBBE98AF.jpeg

Reactions: 8 users