Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

I'm sure you have already said it,but how much did you narrow the rear end? It looks awesome,as usual-killer progress buddy.
I bet they won't look as set back in once you get everything centered and actual weight on the tire's ,but if they are-would wheel spacers be an option?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm sure you have already said it,but how much did you narrow the rear end? It looks awesome,as usual-killer progress buddy.
I bet they won't look as set back in once you get everything centered and actual weight on the tire's ,but if they are-would wheel spacers be an option?
It’s narrowed about 12”.
Wheel spacers would not be an option with these studs. I’d be more apt to get a different offset wheel than I would to go with longer studs.
I told the chassis shop i wanted to be able to put the car as low as functionally possible and I think the wheels are in prime location for that once the rear is centered. Just might take some getting used to the look.

At least i hope so...

Reactions: 1 user
Status update

Got the brake caliper brackets modified and the stock brakes bolt up great to the 9” ends.

9283E68A-ADF0-47BB-BD60-37A3088F869A.jpeg

Unfortunately I can’t say the same for the wheels.
16A15B6C-8180-4A07-B00E-2ABFD7DFE3BC.jpeg

The fitment is absolute garbage. Hits the inside of the mini tubs. Looks like a roller skate. Terrible. Even with a 5/8” spacer(which I can’t run regardless) it’s horrible.
Contacted the chassis shop and as it turns out, they were under the impression it was going in a foxbody. So it’s about 1.5” narrower on each side than it needs to be.

Options are to lose money on ordering wheels with even more offset and hoping to sell my current rear wheels. This would also mean a 15x10 of any variety could never go on the car, ruling out any 8.5 tire events.

Or the option I chose, which involves about 6 hours of driving, an unknown amount of waiting and taking the housing back to the chassis shop to be widened and replacing the custom axles as well.

71F23D49-B40E-49DF-AAB5-B11A48A1D15E.jpeg

It’s not the end of the world, it’s not an unfixable crisis. But these are the things that really take the wind out of your sails on a project like this.

Hopefully I’m able to drop it off Friday, and can go from there.

Sucks man. I gotta ask though-I know the current rear end is all set up for your suspension etc already-but since you have to order axles and have the tubes re worked. Couldn't you just swap this rear end into your fox,and start fresh with another 8.8?
I could. Though this one wouldn’t exactly drop right into the fox. So I’d be setting myself up for quite a bit of expense there down the road. Plus the cost of having another housing built and new axles.

Just going to let them fix the width and pay for my new axles and cut my losses.

• Haha
I’ve seen a lot of posts the last couple days (not here) about tire and wheel width combinations, section width, contact patch,etc.
So for anyone interested...this is a 275 Pro radial on a 15x12
0FCEDA49-7D3B-498A-8B35-F980F2C8FBFC.jpeg
87B94A08-7D1B-43C7-825E-E301D41A6B56.jpeg
3EDA440C-9A58-4BAA-A791-56F58E8298CD.jpeg

This is that same tire on a 15x12.5
A6F0BE75-C27C-4DC4-A28F-3F19295A146E.jpeg

Last edited: