Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

The NHRA requires a mounted extinguisher on anything faster than a 10.99 I think.

@TOOLOW91 might know better though.

I think you have to have a system set up with nozzles for the engine bay and the cab if you go quicker than 8.50.

The NHRA requires a mounted extinguisher on anything faster than a 10.99 I think.

@TOOLOW91 might know better though.

I think you have to have a system set up with nozzles for the engine bay and the cab if you go quicker than 8.50.
I have one in my car maybe sort of not mounted . But I'm not sure on that rule

Reactions: 1 user
It'll have an extinguisher just as it was already going to.
Anywho, little "progress" this afternoon.

IMG_0116.JPG

Apparently this is what a car looks like when it's "pretty much done" and could "totally be driven"

Dropped the factory tank and drained it.
IMG_0122.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG
Removed the filler neck stuff as well.

IMG_0139.JPG

Cut out the dimensions of the tank so that the sump can hang below the trunk floor.
Also had to cut out the hump in the middle.
IMG_0168.JPG

Ended up cutting out a little extra so that the trans cooler can go out back where I wanted it.

You'll have to see passed the rough cut out and birds nest of wiring. Looking forward to rewiring this whole operation as well here soon.
It's likely I'll cut out the rest of the spare tire well and make the floor flush in the trunk. Just want to get the cell and battery where I want them before I get too carried away (probably already did).

Ordered an adjustable pushrod for the MC and a couple fuel fittings. Hopefully this won't put me down for too long. Only goal for the year is still to cruise it around and work out all the bugs.
Next week will be a year of ownership. Probably the longest I've spent on a project with no payoff but I'm still truckin along

Reactions: 8 users
I figure that guy got pissed working on the car and posted it for sale. All of the typos are an indication of that. If he really wanted to sell for 70k he woulda altleast proof read the add...:nonono:

Reactions: 2 users
Fuel cell got delayed into next week. So driving it this week is entirely out the window.
Did find an adjustable pushrod kit to finish out the brakes.
IMG_0300.JPG

This was my "need to spend a few more dollars for free shipping" purchase in preparation of the future wiring overhaul
IMG_0301.JPG

Reactions: 4 users
IMG_0360.JPG

Well the To-Do list finally fits on the quarter window.
Fixed the broken brake line, the SSBC pushrod kit works great, just broke my neck trying to get under the dash.

Have a lot of wiring do to and a leaky line lock fitting to fix.
Realistically be a couple months until it's rolling but I'm back to enjoying even the mundane little jobs.

Reactions: 4 users
IMG_0360.JPG

Well the To-Do list finally fits on the quarter window.
Fixed the broken brake line, the SSBC pushrod kit works great, just broke my neck trying to get under the dash.

Have a lot of wiring do to and a leaky line lock fitting to fix.
Realistically be a couple months until it's rolling but I'm back to enjoying even the mundane little jobs.
Trust me,..The "mundane little jobs" are boring.

I thought that having the car all done except for the tinkering around part would be the "good part", but I was wrong.
I've always knew that (for me at least) the build is the good part. Having it running, and being able to enjoy all of that through driving it is good, but not as good as taking something completely apart, reconfiguring it, making it better/custom, then putting it back together by hand. ( and then having it all work after that)
I know that I'll never do another car of the magnitude that the Monster is, so I'll have to be content w/ that though,....It'll be either the last car I build, or the platform for a continually evolving version of the original.....
(Like maybe a bulged fender/quarter IMSA looking mega fat tire version at some point w/ a True 24 valve Aussie 6 under the hood someday kinda thing evolution.....)

Little jobs are for Saturday morning bulb changers.

Reactions: 1 user