Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

Uh hum...your rearend is showing.

After a lot of dead time in the fox section, there is finally some really cool street/race car builds going on. I'm a fan lol. :nice:

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Got a little done today.
First I managed to go fetch about 63 gallons of e85.
IMG_0574.JPG

Going to move it into the dark insulated room in my garage but I think it'll be fine sealed tight.

Then I started working on the frame for the fuel cell.
IMG_0551.JPG
IMG_0556.JPG
IMG_0567.JPG

You can see where I plan to put the trans cooler.
Going to remove the mounding tabs and build a "basket" basically for the tank to sit down in. Then I'll use the scrap to build a smaller frame for the trans cooler to bolt to.
Then I'll figure out how to finish out the trunk where it won't look like :poo:.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Finished up the fuel system today.
IMG_0632.JPG

Had to cut out where the sump is. Unfortunately the 2" drop isn't enough to clear my framing. Worked out alright anyways.
IMG_0641.JPG

But a bracket for the trans cooler. It'll have a good 3-4" of breathing room between it and the new hatch floor.
IMG_0658.JPG

Little black spray paint makes it look a lot better than it is.
IMG_0664.JPG

You can see some real bird:poo: welds if you look for them. Had to break out the flux core mig as I just couldn't get in position to TIG it. Car was too far off the ground to do any good.

IMG_0693.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG

Made a new return line and resecured both lines.

Need to make a new floor of some kind so I can remount the battery.

All my wiring stuff showed up so I can gut the car and build a board as soon as I build up the nerve to do so. It might have to wait.

Only a few thing left before its neighborhood road worthy

Reactions: 8 users
Soooo,...You're having the same math questions that I had yesterday as well.....

Somethin' ain't addin' up...That's all I know.

2017- 2012= 5...:shrug:
Except I'm pretty sure I really did join in 2007-2008. Not quite the 18 years my profile might suggest but it's been a long time regardless. Noobz might have accidentally gotten something right!

Monday night I put 6 gallons of fuel in the cell. Friday afternoon I opened the cap, zero gallons of fuel in the cell.

People were right, the mileage on this stuff is horrible.:notnice:

Reactions: 2 users
Drive around to the corner grocery store and you are almost on empty to the point of being stranded...

"AF Flight control, this is Tanner91GT, flight of 1; is there a KC135 tanker in my area?"

Reactions: 2 users