Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_8230.JPG

As a door nail
IMG_0322.JPG

On a side note, are those weather pack connectors fairly easy to install? When I tackle my wiring harness I was thinking about swapping out those old brittle connectors with them.

Oh chit. Well at least we know what the issue is. It's not like this type of thing is totally uncommon, I was tuning a ezefi carb last week. Damn thing would freak out for no reason, same chit.
Just spoke to Matt after verifying no voltage to the IAC in test mode. Sending it back for repair.

A little confused as to why it's damaged. He stated the original way it was pinned is the latest revision and I can put it back to that. If anything it should have operated backwards or unpredictably at the worst.

But it doesn't function at all, so I'm not sure what would have killed it.

Will update when I hear back from them.
This is a new parts store LS1 IAC. It was $100 of wasted money, but at least it's a variable eliminated.

Reactions: 1 user
Shifter mount is all done. Ended up moving the pin and raising the shifter a bit and angling it back towards the drivers seat.
Will weld it in and make a nice plate for the shifter hole once I get my seat where I want it. Little too much gangster lean going on still.
Most on this board won't like it, and that's ok.
It looks far from factory but damn if it's not the most comfortable shifter and position I've ever had.
IMG_8254.JPG
IMG_8255.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
Itll have a plate covering the hole. Mount will be exposed. You guys are getting too hung up on aesthetics lol. I'd have put a quarter stick with a boot in it if that's what I was after.

Won't be touching the console

Reactions: 1 user
Itll have a plate covering the hole. Mount will be exposed.
You guys are getting too hung up on aesthetics lol. I'd have put a quarter stick with a boot in it if that's what I was after.

Won't be touching the console

What are you after then?

That just makes zero sense to me. I have a manually shifted Auto trans. It sits slightly behind the factory mount position and I cut 2" out of the shifter arm.

I do not have to reach to shift this car from a strapped in position either.

Last edited:
That thing looks like it's just going to moved around a lot. It's only the handle portion that's supposed to move, right?

I don't think I've ever seen any shifter ( auto-correct wants this word to be "shiftier" and I'm the noob :rolleyes: ) mounted like that one.

Do you have example images of others that are mounted like this? I may not have been in the right circles.

That thing looks like it's just going to moved around a lot. It's only the handle portion that's supposed to move, right?

I don't think I've ever seen any shifter ( auto-correct wants this word to be "shiftier" and I'm the noob :rolleyes: ) mounted like that one.

Do you have example images of others that are mounted like this? I may not have been in the right circles.
IMG_8265.JPG
IMG_8266.JPG
IMG_8268.JPG
IMG_8269.JPG

What makes you think it will move around exactly?

Reactions: 1 users
Man, you only thought you were going to get away with an LS swap. You will be hung over the shifter before you get it done. ;)

Seriously, maybe get a spare console and hack it up.

Joe

You know what tanner? You know what you want on that shifter and computer. Do what you want brother (not that i had to tell you that:D). You got a cool hang on what you're doing. Just show us stupid people what you're doing, it helps me to make future decisions. I want to see what you do in the 60' times.