Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

So much for the hours spent smoothing the fender aprons....
I spent 0 hours smoothing the bay. And the guy that did should have spent about 100 more. Did a :notnice: job.

IMG_8617.JPG

Gobs of bondo (which had chipped in a couple spots)
The panels were laid over the original aprons, leaving me with less space than factory would have left me. Mig wire in the wheel wells where they welded them on. Sandpaper marks in the aprons where you could see they should have finished it out better.
Looked great in pictures and not too bad in person.

The strut towers will still be smooth and clean. It'll look good and leave me the room I need. Just my opinion :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

That's what counts Tanner. Had I given it enough thought at the time I would have done it to my red car.

Fact is, by the time I get back to it (and money is flowing out my butt again), I might chop up all I've done and do the same.

I'm very interested in seeing how the tubular front end works out.

The likelihood of me doing it is still slim on my car, but if I find a wrecked body its an awesome possibility.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm very interested in seeing how the tubular front end works out.

The likelihood of me doing it is still slim on my car, but if I find a wrecked body its an awesome possibility.
Hopefully have the materials in time to do it next Wednesday. Looking forward to it myself. Guessing I'll have to change quite a bit of the turbo kit

I actually think the way the guy did the inner apron is just fine. It's the way I did it when I smoothed my bay on my old coupe. The inner apron is your finished panel that looks good in the bay and the old stock apron is there to attach all the wires, coils, fuses, cables, horns, etc via welded brackets, hangers, or screws.

Good to hear that you had some good luck in some FB raffles, you don't win if you don't play! Looking forward to how this car turns out. :nice:

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8979.JPG

It's coming along pretty good.
Plan right now is to lay the intercooler forward and maybe build a scoop to try and direct more air. Don't want to cut up my valance.
IMG_8988.JPG

Wanted to go a2w but its not going to happen this year

Front end is welded on and I've started building the brackets for the intercooler. Waiting on my radiator mounts and doing some strategizing right now so progress is slow.

Reactions: 7 users
Hey Tanner, would you mind showing a couple pictures of how it's attached? This is pretty interesting to me.
I got this Tanner...

Actually dave, he asked me, and I of course came right to the rescue w/ a solution for how you should hold everything on/together on your car...

Tah Dah!
upload_2017-3-28_6-18-44.jpeg

Jb weld.....He uses JB weld Dave.:nice:

* Fake news! Sad.

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8979.JPG

It's coming along pretty good.
Plan right now is to lay the intercooler forward and maybe build a scoop to try and direct more air. Don't want to cut up my valance.
IMG_8988.JPG

Wanted to go a2w but its not going to happen this year

Front end is welded on and I've started building the brackets for the intercooler. Waiting on my radiator mounts and doing some strategizing right now so progress is slow.

Ok,.....I'll admit it.

That looks really good, and way less crammed in there than before...You should name your engine Evil-ene
*spin on evilyn,....get it..

You can't use Evilyn, Dave's already using that name for the engine in Robby.

Now where did I put that thread comment eraser,.....I got some negative comments to be "E-racin" from earlier in this thread about cutting fender aprons...

Reactions: 1 users
I got this Tanner...

Actually dave, he asked me, and I of course came right to the rescue w/ a solution for how you should hold everything on/together on your car...

Tah Dah!
upload_2017-3-28_6-18-44.jpeg

Jb weld.....He uses JB weld Dave.:nice:

* Fake news! Sad.
We're building a front end. The best front end. It's gonna be YUGE. Magnificent. people tell me it's the best front end they've ever seen.

Reactions: 1 users