Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

I made a post about 2-3 years ago somewhere; no idea where, so I'll paraphrase.

*ahem*

"My fiance is totally cool with cars, her family races, so I'm not worried about being able to work on cars and spend money on them once we're married."

As soon as they invent time travel, I will go back in time to the point at which I made such statement and kick my past self SQUARE IN THE EFFING BALLS.

That said, the trade off is worth it. :shrug: The only way we could have done better is be like @RacEoHolic330 and finish the car before we get hitched (I think I remember him mentioning he was engaged?) But then again.... People like you and I never finish a car, do we?

You also had a buddy tell you wait until you have kids...;)

Reactions: 4 users
  • Sponsors (?)

As someone who is just waiting for the judge to sign the papers to be divorced, my best advice I can give is, START HIDING YOUR MONEY NOW! Some day, you will either need it, or you will have a pile of money laying around.. No one tells you how legal the words " I Do" can be.. (of course, with my marriage, I thought everything was cruising along fine... Until it was too late...)

So yea, good luck to all those about to be married. :D

As someone who is just waiting for the judge to sign the papers to be divorced, my best advice I can give is, START HIDING YOUR MONEY NOW! Some day, you will either need it, or you will have a pile of money laying around.. No one tells you how legal the words " I Do" can be.. (of course, with my marriage, I thought everything was cruising along fine... Until it was too late...)

So yea, good luck to all those about to be married. :D

I liked @Noobz347 comments a while back. We were discussing burying wives in the back yard. He stated that after digging the hole, if she hit him over the head with the shovel and covered him up, he still wins, because he's FREE!!! LMAO! :rlaugh:

I've been with
Funny enough, in the year I've been engaged, I've not had a single person say "it's awesome, you'll love it". Not once :shrug:

I've been with my wife eight years. Married for five. Have two kids,a mortgage,debt,student loans etc. there are some trying times,but wouldn't want my life any different. Other than to be a millionaire . :)

Reactions: 1 user
If I could go back and do it all over again, would I change anything? Once you have kids, there is no givesey backseys.

Obviously, i'd try not to be divorced guy, but due to the fact my ex now has a girlfriend, it just may be there was nothing I could have done anyway. ..

20160721_173246.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
If I could go back and do it all over again, would I change anything? Once you have kids, there is no givesey backseys.

Obviously, i'd try not to be divorced guy, but due to the fact my ex now has a girlfriend, it just may be there was nothing I could have done anyway. ..

20160721_173246.jpg
Same thing happened with my brother in law. Cute kids! Congrats!

Reactions: 1 user
That was almost reassuring lol
Really if you've known each other for awhile and are both of similiar dispositions...should be relatively smooth sailing. If for example she's barely tolerable to your car "fetish" right now...uhh the "barely" will disappear(and not for the better). IMO. Marriage/life is always a compromise. As we age there are just different priorities. I hate my ex but that's just her. Not women in general or all ex's. Mine is just a special kind of demonic beast that was sent to make everyone's life miserable lol. I just got married young and made a poor choice. Love my kids though and wouldn't change that for anything. You'll be fine. Good luck on the upcoming nuptials.

Reactions: 1 users
Really if you've known each other for awhile and are both of similiar dispositions...should be relatively smooth sailing. If for example she's barely tolerable to your car "fetish" right now...uhh the "barely" will disappear(and not for the better). IMO. Marriage/life is always a compromise. As we age there are just different priorities. I hate my ex but that's just her. Not women in general or all ex's. Mine is just a special kind of demonic beast that was sent to make everyone's life miserable lol. I just got married young and made a poor choice. Love my kids though and wouldn't change that for anything. You'll be fine. Good luck on the upcoming nuptials.
Thanks I appreciate it. We've been together a long time, share finances, own a home together, this is my 47th car she's been around for lol. She knows the deal id say.

Supposed to be heading home from 14 hours at work to help decorate the church. Instead, I'll illustrate my evening so far

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good old stangnet sideways photos I'll never understand

Reactions: 2 users
Supposed to be heading home from 14 hours at work to help decorate the church. Instead, I'll illustrate my evening so far

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Good old stangnet sideways photos I'll never understand

That's @Noobz347 fault. He'll never admit it, though. I found the only way to fix it with an iphone is to edit the pic, rotate it 360*, save, then post.. and then it will come out ok.

20160721_173246.jpg

Cute kids, man. :nice:

I'll be married 25 years in September, two great kids, it hasn't always been smooth sailing but I can't say I could of done any better. I was lucky that my wife has never interfered with my hobbies but life sure did, lack of funds, coaching, the damn house. But things do get better, you eventually buy your stuff back, in my case from my friends, and dive head first into the Late Model Restoration catalog !!!