Taurus tie rod ends...longer?

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
I need a new set of tie rod ends. I have Sn95 spindles so i had to thread the toe rod ends out longer as I'm sure many of you are familiar with.

I plan on putting together an SN95 steering rack swap with MM tie rod kit, but don't want to do it now.

Replacement TRW tie rods are $15 each or so on rockauto, so i want to pick up a set. I've heard the mid-90's taurus rods are slightly longer than the stock fox rods, but have also heard they are metric. Does anyone have a straight answer to if they will work and are longer? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

I need a new set of tie rod ends. I have Sn95 spindles so i had to thread the toe rod ends out longer as I'm sure many of you are familiar with.

I plan on putting together an SN95 steering rack swap with MM tie rod kit, but don't want to do it now.

Replacement TRW tie rods are $15 each or so on rockauto, so i want to pick up a set. I've heard the mid-90's taurus rods are slightly longer than the stock fox rods, but have also heard they are metric. Does anyone have a straight answer to if they will work and are longer? :shrug:

the taurus tie rod ends are longer and they are metric ! ford used these tie rod ends in the 93 cobra r , to use the sn95 rack in a fox , they will not fit a stock fox rack!

I kept re-reading but I'm a little lost as to what you're after, so I'm trying to understand. There are actually two tie rod ends to the steering system, the inner and outer.

Outer TRE's, or the ball joints in a foxbody are directly equivalent the heims in MM bumpsteer kit MMTR-1. They are standard thread pitch and the will not fit metric inner TRE's. Even though they look like they will they do not. If you want more adjustability by having a longer outer with more standard threads you will need Maximum Motorsports MMTR-6

Inner TRE's mount to the steering rack and on SN95's they are longer compared to the fox inners, and they have a metric thread. If you plan on lengthening the innner TRE's then you will need MMTR-3 or a factory outer TRE set for a SN95.

If you buy a SN95 rack it will come with new inner TRE's. That means down the road you will have to convert to fox inner TRE's if you stay with fox ball joints or MMTR-6. Hope that did not confuse things further.

I need tie rod ends. My stockers are well used.

I want to get the maximum motrsport kit, but i plan on putting together an SN95 steering rack swap later this year or over the winter. So I don't want to purchase it now.

So i want to buy cheapo tie rods for now. Prob is with the SN95 spindles, i had to thread the rods out a little more. I heard the taurus rods are longer, so i was trying to get a little more thread engagement for some peice of mind.

But, since they are metric, i'll just pick up a set of stock fox tie rod ends and use those for now.

You keep saying tie rod ends are worn out but youre not telling us if the inner tie rod ends or outer tie rod ends are worn out or BOTH. It sounds like your lumping them together as one but they are actually 2 separate pieces on each pair. Staying stock is probably the best option until you can determine which parts you will need lengthened.

You keep saying tie rod ends are worn out but youre not telling us if the inner tie rod ends or outer tie rod ends are worn out or BOTH. It sounds like your lumping them together as one but they are actually 2 separate pieces on each pair. Staying stock is probably the best option until you can determine which parts you will need lengthened.

He was pretty clear, I think you just misunderstood, Tie Rod Ends are the Outers.