TCP Manual Rack vs TCP Power Rack opinions/experiences

c24sc

Jan 1, 2008
Hey guys,
first of, Happy holidays! my wife was nice enough to give me some car fund money so I can purchase the rack and pinion setup I want for my 66 mustang. Have read lots of posts and going with TCP.

Now, my budget is for the manual rack with steering column. The car (when done) is going to be a nice restomod, with lots of driving to do. Never had a problem with steering with 17s and lowly 22:1 stock box. But just want to make sure you I get some good experiences of manual vs power before I purchase.

Thanks for the input! keep building!

Nate

• Sponsors (?)

Havn't tried the manual but I have the power rack and it was by far the best investment I ever did to my car. very high quality and simple install.. the manual rack would be even easier to install.

What you want to do with the car will really drive which to get.

Street Driving - Manual is fine and adds a bit of fun

Performance / Autocross / Lapping - Power. Hands down, don't let anyone talk you into Manual.

Did my fair share of Investigating this

I cant count the hours I spent on the Manual vs Pwr Assist. I new I wanted the best quality I could get. So I determined the TCP was the winner there. Then posing the Man vs pwr question to many different mfr about their products it came down to this. I have a 69 w a small block and am not considering wider tire in the front. From what I was told, If I where runing a BB and wider tire then the pwr would be the way to go. So I sent my orde rin for the manual TCP and man what a fine piece! Simple install although I didnt do it.:nice:

Thanks guys.

Going with the manual setup. And want to use that tilt aftermarket steering column. Weird tho, because it doesn't list the part numbers to use with teh aftermarket column. Also, the price about $500 more. ;( ouch.

Nate

I'll have a manual TCP rack for small-block cars available for sale shortly. Will be rack only, so you'd need the install bits (which TCP sells separately).

PM if interested.

Thanks guys.

Going with the manual setup. And want to use that tilt aftermarket steering column. Weird tho, because it doesn't list the part numbers to use with teh aftermarket column. Also, the price about $500 more. ;( ouch.

Nate

We use generic sales kit part numbers for our products that have options. TCP RCKMA-FD is the part number that represents the manual rack sold WITH the aftermarket column and applicable steering shaft and wiring components. Page 7 of the data sheet shows the additional components.

TCP Rack Data Sheet

If you already have an aftermarket column, we can supply just the correct firewall mount and universal-joint set. We'll just need to know which brand column you have.

Lino
TCP