TCP Power Rack in 70 Mustang P/S Pump Brackets needed

Well I decided to change the manual TCP rack in my 70 Boss to a power rack and have come up with a problem. I called TCP to order today, only problem is that they have no P/S pump brackets for a 302 Boss. They have them listed in their book and website for 351C but they do not intend to make any even with my paid order. When I asked them if they can fab some with my paid order, they literally said "we will have to skip on your order". Nice service for a customer who has purchased tons of parts from them.

Does anybody know where I can get a set for a 302 Boss for a KRC v-belt pump pictured below? Brackets seem easy to fab, but I have no time for that.

• Sponsors (?)

ok well afco doesn't have the KRC pump, i thought they did at one time. i checked these guys for you too.
http://www.stockcarproducts.com/steer1a.htm

maybe see if you can find a bracket for a winston cup car or similar since they use wndsor blocks with yates heads which are basically cleveland style heads, i think a lot of those engines use the 9.2 deck height instead of the 9.5 deck height so it might be possibel to make one those work. i'll keep digging around and see what i can find but this gives you a place to look at least

gsxrken said:
What are you thoughts on the TCP manual setup? I'm contemplating getting that for my wife to get me for Christmas.

I have the manual on my car and very much recommend it. Turning the wheels while the car is not moving is definitely hard but when it is going, you are sooo connected to the pavement it is awesome. You get much better feel for the road. With the power steering, you can steer with your thumbs. For a very modded HI-PO car, you may want the manual over the power steering. MDJay recently put his TCP power steering unit up for sale so he could swap in the manual unit for this reason.

My car isn't finished but it running. I drove it around the parking lot and it feel too hard even for me (6'2", 225lbs) and with the oem bus-like steering wheel. Part of it is because I have 255 series tires on the front. I am installing a MOMO 13.5" wheel and need the power steering. I also plan to add Hydroboost for the brakes and it needs P/S. I had a P/S TCP setup in my 65 Mustang (sold) and it felt much better to me, not light at all. I believe you can order different flow rate pumps to firm up the P/S feel a bit more. I will be driving my car on the streets 80%, 20% track.

FYI, the guy at KRC (forgot his name but he answers the phone) told me they sell multi fit brackets that fit 351C, windsors, 302, ect. In fact they said TCP also has them since they sell/make the pumps and brackets for TCP. He hooked me up and the order is on its way.

Just so you know those TCP guys can be brain turds at times.

I just read your last post. You can disregard the following.

------------------------------

Our salesman asked me about this earlier today and it appears we had a bit of miscommunication on our end. My personal apologies for the confusion.

We do sell the bracket set you are looking for (TCP PBS-FD-02) but are currently out of stock. Brackets are in stock but spacer kits have not been packaged as of this afternoon. I spoke with our shop manager and am expecting an update on availability sometime tomorrow.

The power steering pump kit would actually be ordered under sales kit number TCP PSP-FD. This is just a generic number we use to list vehicle specific components under. All other items (pump, reservoir, hose kit) are in stock.

Email me at work and I can contact you with a timeframe on availability when I know something.

Lino Chestang
[email protected]