technicalities regarding plugs...

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I have been on here for a good length of time and have seen a few threads on here regarding what plugs to put in our 4.6 2V's. The general consensus is that you should replace them with the stock ones however why shouldnt you replace them with anything else? is it just because of the differences in the heat range? or is it the copper vs planium differences?

can i get a Bosch plug with the same heat range and have it perform just as well?

• Sponsors (?)

Bosch are poor choice for 4.6

Split and quad fire are for chumps

Platinum lasts and gives good mileage

Copper has a hotter spark but does not last as long as platinum

I would not spend the money for iridium

well my car is gettin up there in miles so they gotta get replaced anyway, ill just pick up a set of the stock plugs and call it a day, but not without givin my car a treatment of the dreaded S in a can :nice:

once i get home for spring break im doin these two things, and yes, i will be takin vids of the smoke :D

my car seemed to run fine with the stock plugs. So I used the stock plugs again. If it is not broke don't fix it IMO. People have the aftermarket = better mentality and that is just not always true.

copper has a hotter spark, platinum lasts longer. I just did the same plugs as it came with is they were still working fine at 60k I just felt like it was time to change them.

01' Bullitt said:
I use Motorcraft AGSF-32PM they are the reccommended plugs for the Bullitt. They also have full length threads which may help prevent the blowout problem.
Yes, the "G" plug has full length threads. The old recommended plug AWSF-32PM did not.