Teksid aluminum block

chef_333

Aug 28, 2003
Bay Area
Quick question,

can I replace my 1996 4.6 GT block with a Teksid block? I need a new engine block and trying to find a good block at a cheap price. I can get my hands on a Teksid block for about $600.00 and will take it if it is a clean swap.

Jason

• Sponsors (?)

droptopponynj said:
600 damn thats alot..I see them going for 250-400.

For a Teksid block!?

Highly unlikely. Its a cast aluminum block that holds well over 1000HP made by the same company that make the Ferrari blocks in their F1 cars. $600-$800 AT LEAST. If its a low milage block with good upkeep, expect to see around a grand or so.

MTShambles said:
For a Teksid block!?

Highly unlikely. Its a cast aluminum block that holds well over 1000HP made by the same company that make the Ferrari blocks in their F1 cars. $600-$800 AT LEAST. If its a low milage block with good upkeep, expect to see around a grand or so.
I know what a Teksid block is and yes I see them selling for 250-350 all the time. If you want to pay 600-800 i'll start buying up the cheap ones and selling them to you. There is a guy on ebay who has atleast 10 of them and tries to sell them for 600 each...he has no bites because the rest of us know what they sell for.

Ernad said:
where's the best place to get one?
You plan on breaking your Aluminum block?
If your looking seriously call area junk yards and find 93-98 Lincoln Mark VIII's. They are the exact same block as 96-98 Cobra. Also always a few on ebay. One just ended today for $365 and it was freshly bored .020.