teksid block in a newer stang

roushman06

May 8, 2009
san diego
hey guys,
new to the site, but not to stangs. in the military:flag: so i don't get alot of time with my car. i do have big things planned for it though.

i found a teskid long block in a mark 8 and thought about doing a build:rolleyes:, but has any one thrown a 4 valve motor in a 05 and up stang, besides the gt500?:shrug: or am i missing some threads that have already been posted? any info on that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

06 Roush Stage 3
12.54 @ 112.XX mph

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think a 4 valve is really needed. atleast not a 4.6 to 4.6 however being that all 4.6L blocks are the same "theoretically" you can use the Teksid block to build a strong 3 valve. The only thing needing to change is a set of 3v pistons.

if i am right, i beleive that the motor mounts are in a different spot. so you will need some sort of kit to make it fit. also i have been seeing that the 3v heads are performing the same or better than the 4v. but if it is the strength you are looking for good luck with the swap.

What year Mark VIII is the block from? The Teksid block was only offered in the '96-'98 Model Mark's. Earlier cars used a different block. In any case, I've never....ever seen a Modular block failure on any car at the street level. Unless you're planning on making 900+hp, the step up the the Teksid is a waste of money IMO.

If you want to "toughen" up the engine, spend your money where its needed on the rotation assembly itself.