Teksid block or 03?

i know this subject has been beaten to death but i figured i would give it one more shot. First off anyone how do you tell if you have the teksid block without pulling the intake plennum off? second, im getting mixed reports on whats better aluminum or cast 03 cobra? If it turns out that what i got in my 01 cobra now is better looks like i will have a real nice complete 03 cobra sort block for sale.

• Sponsors (?)

Teksid Block

Tecksid blocks were used in 94-98 Lincoln Mark 8 and 96-99 Cobra Applications and are the best Aluminum block for 4.6L use. I picked up an entire 95 Mark 8 longblock several years ago for $200, just add good rods, forged pistons, and a Cobra forged crank with proper prep and you have a 600-800 Hp capable engine.

Paul

I've heard Teksid blocks are actually good for somewhere in the 1,200hp range, but so what? Unless you're making upwards of 800hp, it shouldn't matter which block you're running....either will do fine with the right internals.

thats what i figured, but now can anyone tell me how to find out if i have the teksid block or not without removing the intake? by the way, just finished pulling out my tranny tonight amazing how much easyer it is to get out with that quick time bell housing. anyone here know where i can find some diagrams or info on rebuilding my TKO.... 2ed gear grinds into gear and so does reverse unless your sitting still with the clutch in for about 5 seconds or wait the same amount of time driving down the road into 2ed.