Tell All...The Low Down ON the New Project!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Well, I wanted to wait until I officially "owned" the car (via title) before I give out any info. Most of you have an idea what Im cooking, but here's the scoop:

I bought Roger's Car (Green 94 5.0). He bought a CHP 331 with ALL forged components, except for the block, I guess a little less than 2 years ago. He got his engine bay cleaned up a bit and got his engine dropped in. Then after barely getting it running, he started a new position at work and has been working like crazy ever since, and had no time for the engine.

He offered to sell me the engine for a great price, and part out the rest of the car to make up the difference. After talking for awhile and wanting some of the other parts, he just offered to sell me the WHOLE car for a great price just so he could get it out of his garage and not deal with it. I agreed. It has just taken till now to get the bill of sale and the title signed over.

Basically here's what I got in a nutshell

CHP 331 Stroker Motor (8.8:1 Compression), Eagle 4340 Forged Crankshaft, Probe Industries Lightweight I-Beam Rods, Probe Industries SRS Pistons, Holley Systemax Intake Manifold (Inlet Ported To 75mm), AFR 185 61cc Cylinder
Heads, Cometic MLS Head Gaskets, Comp Cams Camshaft - FW 284H-R14 (.533/.544 114LSA), Probe Industries Main Girdle, Probe Industries 1.6 Lightweight Billet
Stud Mount Rockers, Probe Industries Dominator Timing Chain, Romac Ultra Light Harmonic Balancer, Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel, , AFM Chrome Valve Covers, Kirban Adjustable FPR, MSD 6AL Ignition, MSD Blaster TFI Coil, MSD 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires, MSD Cap & Rotor, FRPP 42lb/hr. Injectors, Canton 7qt. Oil Pan, FelPro Gaskets, ARP 12pt Intake Bolts, ARP Head Studs, Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts, Cardone High Torque Starter,Stage 8
Locking Header Bolts, Pro-M o2 Sensor Extenders, Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator, 180° Thermostat, K&N Filter, PLX M-300 Wideband o2 Sensor,

That's just a summary...
The car also came with a new Pro-Motion Tremec TKO 600, Ceramic Long tubes, H Pipe, exhaust, 2003 Cobra Rims. Fluidyne, FMS Drive shaft, Cobra Front brakes, Steeda U/L control arms, Steeda qa1 K member and more.

Anyway, I have since sold about $2000 worth of parts to help fund the extras I wanted/needed, including The Vortech that was on the car, Power Pipe, TWO throttle bodies, Pro M 77, MY PI Stallion and some other stuff. I am converting to a Fox TB...I have spent about $1000 of that money on parts for my 'desired' setup including polishing the Holley.

Anyway...the project has progressed to where you see on my other posts, thanks to the help of Jose (St8stang 036) and his friend. In exchange, they are getting all the left over parts and the car with my engine put back in it when we are done, and also the Cobra Rims....WELL WORTH IT TO ME!!!.

I want this car to be a "FAST" Show car as opposed to a Nice looking "race car". If you know what I mean.

In addition to the swap, I am doing a battery relocate, Fox TB setup , AODE to Tremec conversion and some wire harness mods.

Sorry for the drawn out post... Just getting excited, anxious, and nervous all at once because of the size of the undertaking!!

QUESTIONS?

RC

• Sponsors (?)

Sound like a hella deal to pass up.... Get out the checkbook and let the games begin....

Going by your projects I'm sure it'll be pretty wicked as us New Englanders say...:nice:

Sound like a hella deal to pass up.... Get out the checkbook and let the games begin....

Going by your projects I'm sure it'll be pretty wicked as us New Englanders say...:nice:

Good thing is the check book has already been out, and hopefully, I need only a couple hundred $$ of parts left (aside from the Nittos).

Thanks
RC

I want this car to be a "FAST" Show car as opposed to a Nice looking "race car". If you know what I mean.

I know exactly what you're saying. After I save up enough to put a diamond on my girl's finger I'm getting back into the game, this is exactly what I want to do. The car may make it to the track 2 or 3 times tops.

Do you have horsepower goals? I always though that 400rwhp would be enough to satisfy what I need. I took a drive in a 2004 cobra with a couple mods done to it, and that seemed to be plenty.

Adam

you say 400 is enough now, but wait till you have it, then you'll want 500...trust me.

thats one crazy swindling you got going on RC. congrats :nice:

keep us updated as i know you will.

I know exactly what you're saying. After I save up enough to put a diamond on my girl's finger I'm getting back into the game, this is exactly what I want to do. The car may make it to the track 2 or 3 times tops.

Do you have horsepower goals? I always though that 400rwhp would be enough to satisfy what I need. I took a drive in a 2004 cobra with a couple mods done to it, and that seemed to be plenty.

Adam

I think 450 is easily obtainable without even an agressive tune...a 331 and Vortech should do it. I have to remember the limits of the block. For me..450 + safe+ reliable+ fun to drive > 500 + tuning issues + over heating + blowing up stuff :rlaugh:
RC

I know what you mean too ... if I ever find the time to complete it, mine will be more of a great looking, fast, street car than a nice looking race car. What that means to me is:

all accessories still in place and functional,
the back seat still in place,
no tuning issues,
easy to drive,
decent gas mileage,
looks great,
pass emissions,
great sounding stereo,
and really fast when the pedal is matted

basically, it would be a car that i WANT to drive all the time, and CAN drive every day and every where if i want to.

heh, i have a long way to go ... :(

blackvert- off topic however, how efficient is your cooling system, what temps do you usually stay at, etc? With the 410w.
I could data log it for a more accurate reading, but on the stock gauge, it never goes above M. I have yet to drive it in the dead of summer when it is 100* out though. My radiator was replaced about 2 years ago with an OEM replacement radiator; it's nothing special. And I have a Foxbody Weiand pump on it (actually all Fox accessories of course) with March pulleys. I don't remember if it is a "high volume" pump or not.

you say 400 is enough now, but wait till you have it, then you'll want 500...trust me.

thats one crazy swindling you got going on RC. congrats :nice:

keep us updated as i know you will.

Thats why im building my car to run 9.99. Ive had the 300, 400 hp mustang. Im just ganna build what i want. Ive driven a 800hp dirt modified, and once you feel that power, its hard to not want it back..lol And in my mind, the next goal after 9.99 is 9.0, and i know i dont have the funds to keep up that sort of street car....

so ya finally told everyone.....hope to see it running soon.

Yeah..I collapsed...Everybody was bustin' my chops about it. The major "heavy" work is done, but a lot of the tidious stuff is left, which is less exhausting physically, but can be draining trying to make sure all the loose ends are tied.

RC