Terminator vs. Vortech GT who's faster?

Alright so this Wednesday most likely my friend and I will be running for some bragging rights at the local drag strip. I wanted to know what you guys think. Here are the specifics on the cars.

2004 Mustang GT (yours truly)

Vortech V2 Supercharger @~11psi Boost
C&L Upper Intake Plenum and FRPP 70mm TB
Lightening 90mm MAF
Anderson Power Pipe
Lucas 38 lb/hr. injectors
BBK Long Tube Headers
BBK Catted X Pipe
Flowmaster 50 Series Mufflers
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Richmond 3.90 Ring and Pinion
Eibach Springs
Kenne Bell Boost a Pump
Stock 245's out back :/

2003 Mustang SVT Cobra (my friends)
Off Road X Pipe
Borla? Exhaust
Cold Air Intake
Sumitomo 295's out back

What I was thinking was it's going to be close. My stock tires are going to be a huge set back but from what he was telling me his IRS is prone to wheel hop on launches. I am unsure of his HP numbers but I am sure they are close to stock. I am making 394rwhp and 395 lb*ft both curves are linear all the way up to red line.

• Sponsors (?)

I say you got him, mostly because sumitomos are the worst possible tire known to man. even though they are wider he'll spin right through them.

Why do you have 38# injectors instead of 42# that the lightning maf is cal'd for? just wondering.

Driver race pretty much, I think. Depending on the stock tires for you and the wheel hop he has to deal with. If he has a stock pulley and tune he probably is close to 370rwhp to 390rwhp. He also has the weight and you have some gear to help you stay in your powerband. Feather the clutch and get out of the hole quicker and you got him I bet!

I say you got him, mostly because sumitomos are the worst possible tire known to man. even though they are wider he'll spin right through them.

Why do you have 38# injectors instead of 42# that the lightning maf is cal'd for? just wondering.

When you get a car tuned it doesn't matter what the maf and injectors were calibrated for when you buy them because the tuner can change it anyways.

@screaminGT
In response the injector question I was unable to purchase FRPP 42lb injectors. It seems that for right now you cannot by them new and could either use the 39lb injectors (bad idea it is set up for the 4V head) or make a big jump up to 60's. As robmac36067 said everything was taken care of when I got it tuned. And yes I am un-intercooled and I would like to get one this summer anyone running such a set up and what kind of intercooler, MAF, BOV, etc. are you running?

I think the 245s will be your undoing. Even slapping a pair of 275 Nittos DRs on there would help a lot.

I Cut 1.76 60ft w/ 245/45/17s w/ way more tq(500+). Its a drivers race.

screaminGT
In response the injector question I was unable to purchase FRPP 42lb injectors. It seems that for right now you cannot by them new and could either use the 39lb injectors (bad idea it is set up for the 4V head) or make a big jump up to 60's. As robmac36067 said everything was taken care of when I got it tuned. And yes I am un-intercooled and I would like to get one this summer anyone running such a set up and what kind of intercooler, MAF, BOV, etc. are you running?

Im running 39lb injectors(its all in the tune) My brother made over 500+ on them. I would not run a BOV with a draw-through MAF, The maf is in front of the blower and when the BOV is open the car will run rich. For your setup you want to run a bypass valve, If you want to run a BOV you need to move to a blow-through MAF. The MAF is set after the blower and the BOV needs to be before the MAF so it will read the right amount of air.:flag:

Unfortunately I just got off the phone with my friend he just got some new parts for his Cobra and is installing/getting it tuned on Wednesday so he most likely won't make it to the track. He is getting a 2.8 pulley and larger dual pass intercooler put on.... all I can say is he must have been scared haha

Any helpful ideas on how to launch my supercharged GT on street tires?

Unfortunately I just got off the phone with my friend he just got some new parts for his Cobra and is installing/getting it tuned on Wednesday so he most likely won't make it to the track. He is getting a 2.8 pulley and larger dual pass intercooler put on.... all I can say is he must have been scared haha

Any helpful ideas on how to launch my supercharged GT on street tires?

this is when you setup a time to go next and then secretely get you some drag radials. if he is still on the sumitumo then he will just have more of a traction problem than before. and grip is whats going to be hurting you sooooo when you look at it from the stand point that he is going with more power but crap grip and your gonna stay the same power and grip i think he would have ya after the pulley swap.

I would say it will be a close race but i kinda have to give the upper hand to the cobra anyways even if he was still running the same pulley. more weight would be better to have if traction was an issue. cause even running a crappy tire he has the weight on them to keep them from spinning as much.

Just get yourself some new tires and you will be good to go.:nice: it makes a world of difference when you can use all of your gears.

this is when you setup a time to go next and then secretely get you some drag radials. if he is still on the sumitumo then he will just have more of a traction problem than before. and grip is whats going to be hurting you sooooo when you look at it from the stand point that he is going with more power but crap grip and your gonna stay the same power and grip i think he would have ya after the pulley swap.

I would say it will be a close race but i kinda have to give the upper hand to the cobra anyways even if he was still running the same pulley. more weight would be better to have if traction was an issue. cause even running a crappy tire he has the weight on them to keep them from spinning as much.

Just get yourself some new tires and you will be good to go.:nice: it makes a world of difference when you can use all of your gears.

I hear ya.... apparently my cars a 5spd I don't know really cause I only wind up using the last few lol. It would be nice to be able to lay down power in 2nd even let alone launch hard!

Hmmm, I find it hard to believe he did the Cold Air intake and Exhaust, but didn't do a pulley swap? Take a peek under his hood and see what size pulley he's got on there before shooting your mouth off too much. A pulley and tune on that combination could bring him pretty close to the 475RWHP mark.

Hmmm, I find it hard to believe he did the Cold Air intake and Exhaust, but didn't do a pulley swap? Take a peek under his hood and see what size pulley he's got on there before shooting your mouth off too much. A pulley and tune on that combination could bring him pretty close to the 475RWHP mark.

He bought the car with an aftermarket intake and mufflers and just put on an off road X pipe. We were supposed to run tonight (him having only those mods). It just so happens that today is when he is taking his car in to get the new intercooler, pulley, etc. installed and tuned so we won't be running tonight I think. I was hoping to see who would win before the pulley swap. It would have been close before now I don't think so.