Terminatrix returned to STOCK except for exhaust.

jordanvraptor

Founding Member
Aug 3, 2002
Oregon City, OR
Been having a number of issues so I've returned to as near stock condition as I can. Pulley removed along with the Predator tune and I even put the stock airbox and silencer back in. :p

Defineitely notice the lack of power up top but down low I can actually get on the gas a little more. Still a fun car. :flag:

I'll be taking it in for some warranty issues soon so we shall see if Ford is really looking for stuff to void a warranty. :shrug:

Sooooo, if anyone wants to race a near stock Cobra at the track sometime... :D

• Sponsors (?)

duner said:
Ah ha! Now's my chance.
:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol: :lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

The issues are rear end axles "clicking" and they need to be retorqued down. Differential leaking again so it needs to be resealed. Front end "creak", most likely the steering rack bushings.

Keith, let me know when you have some time off so we can curse at my car al over again.... :shrug: :flag:

jordanvraptor said:
Front end "creak", most likely the steering rack bushings.
Been there, done that, got the T-shirt. I wouldn't let Ford replace the bushings with more stock crappy rubber ones, grab yourself a set of aluminum or urethane bushings and do it yourself. Very easy swap, takes all of 20 minutes, if you allow time for beer. And no more squeak.

Dave

I'll look into it, thanks for the tip Dave.

I just got back from the Kiwanis Cruise In / Fly In over in Sandy. I took the back roads and may have exceeded the posted speed limits on a few occasions. The difference in top end accelleration from a 2.93 to the stock pulley is very noticeable. I can relate to what those Olympic track runners feel like without their steroids... :bang:

All I removed was the 2.93 pulley, idler pulley, Predator tune and cone filter was replaced with the stock airbox setup. The P-51 look is there to stay. Terminatrix is running a little slower these days, but she's still a hottie...

jordanvraptor said:
All I removed was the 2.93 pulley, idler pulley, Predator tune and cone filter was replaced with the stock airbox setup. The P-51 look is there to stay. Terminatrix is running a little slower these days, but she's still a hottie...

I want a shot at the cobra.....especially from a dig :nice:

She is still the same snake down low. In fact, maybe a little better because I don't have to hold back so much now. Only difference I really notice is the lack of that OMFG power surge when rolling on it in 2nd at around 40 mph. Oh, I also hear the exhaust now. Sounds nice by the way...

Update. She's in the shop now for the steering creak, axle click, differential leak, and other stuff. :nonono:

Ford is once again replacing my halfshafts for the axle click.... That should also take care of the differential leak. They are redoing the bushings in the steering gear and gave me a new alternator because mine went bad which killed my battery a few days ago. Doubt if they give me a free battery and I'm not gonna get pushy cause they arent looking too hard for warranty denial stuff... :shrug:

I'm driving a Dodge Dakota SLT crew cab. Nice truck with a peppy V8. :flag:

No , its not done yet... Now they are whining about replacing the halfshafts, saying its my new shocks that are making the noise. What BS. Maybe tomorrow it will be done... Who knows. If they do replace my halfshafts, you might want to go to Thomason in Gladstone Tou...