Test drove a 2007 GT today!

scupking

Sep 18, 2005
Enfield, CT
Went and test drove a 2007 GT today. The autotrader add said it was an automatic but it actually was a manual. So this was my first manual car I ever drove. The last time I drove a manual was five years ago and that was a big gas truck at an airport for only 2 months. I'm very happy it was a manual and it was a blast to drive (only stalled once). I will now only be looking into getting a manual. The dealer was great he gave the keys to me and my girlfriend and said go drive it for how ever long you want. Took it out for about 20 minutes. When we came back he was like that's it I thought you guys would be out longer. The car had a few issues. First when the dealer went to start it all it did was click (dead battery) so he jump started the car. Second part was that the trunk lid was scratched very bad, it had one small dent in the driver side door and some red mark on the passenger side door. Also while driving I noticed a rattling coming from the dash but could not find out where it was coming from. I have heard the dash rattle is common with the 05-09 S197s? The engine looked very clean, the rims and wheels also looked good. The car is wingless and I think the s197s look better without the wing anyways. I told the dealer I liked the car and it drove very good. I asked him to see if they could fix the scratches. He will call me on Monday seeing as the guy that does the repairs was not in today. The asking price is $16,890. The car has 29,000 miles on her. If they won't fix the scratches should I say then I will take it for $15,000 and get the lid repainted myself? Also as far as the transmission goes I think it was good. As I said this was the first manual car I have drove so I have nothing to compare it to. I did test all the gears 1-5 and nothing seemed odd to me. Anything else I should look for? I noticed in the car fax that it failed emissions in July 09 and then passed July 20th of 09. It was a one owner car.

• Sponsors (?)

The earlier models had a problem with the alternator and is usually covered under warranty. The dash with the squeak would annoy the hell out of me and I would bring it up to them to get them to hunt it down. Don't settle for a vehicle with problems that can be fixed while it is there. I don't personally have any rattles in my dash so I am unsure about a common problem area and such.

Did the car have the 18" fanblades? Leather? Any mods?

The earlier models had a problem with the alternator and is usually covered under warranty. The dash with the squeak would annoy the hell out of me and I would bring it up to them to get them to hunt it down. Don't settle for a vehicle with problems that can be fixed while it is there. I don't personally have any rattles in my dash so I am unsure about a common problem area and such.

Did the car have the 18" fanblades? Leather? Any mods?

No mods just a basic 07 GT with cloth seats and black interior.

With the 2011's out, man their is no way I could even look at an '05-'10. If it was me (and I even remotely had the cash), I'd have to wait a couple years then buy a used '11GT.

Yeah the new 5.0 is an awesome car but its 15k more then this 07. I slap a E-Force supercharge on the 07 and will be killing the 5.0s. Granted I sat in a 2011 that they had at the lot and love the interior of the new ones.

No way I could drive a car with a dashboard rattle with anybody else in the car. (If I'm by myself the stereo is usually up so loud I can't hear anything else anyway.) I'm pretty sure they won't come down that amount if they don't fix the scratches. He'll say it's been priced taking the defects into consideration. My advice is to buy a car you love, not one you can live with.;)

With the 2011's out, man their is no way I could even look at an '05-'10. If it was me (and I even remotely had the cash), I'd have to wait a couple years then buy a used '11GT.

I was all set to order a 11 GT premium 6 speed, until i saw the tail lights. I love the front of the car, but hate the rear, guess they changed this in 09 or 10

I've driven a manual and I've driven and automatic S197, and I honestly like the automatic better. The torque converter is loose enough and the 5sp auto makes it a very fun car. When you are running through the gears, it feels like the transmission has close gear ratios and I just love the sound. The manual just doesn't give me that same feeling. Maybe because I'm used to 4sp autos and 5sp manuals. :shrug:

I've driven a manual and I've driven and automatic S197, and I honestly like the automatic better. The torque converter is loose enough and the 5sp auto makes it a very fun car. When you are running through the gears, it feels like the transmission has close gear ratios and I just love the sound. The manual just doesn't give me that same feeling. Maybe because I'm used to 4sp autos and 5sp manuals. :shrug:

The autos can be very fun. Heck my 2001 GT was an auto and I loved that car but it was a blast driving the manual today. Granted it will take sometime to get real good at shifting.

My wife has an 06 auto GT and it's a very nice car. I think it would make one hell of a daily driver.

This car will not be my DD, I have an old jeep for that. It will only be out on nice days. I also found a 2008 bullitt for sale with just over 1,000 miles on her. How much do you guys think one of those are worth because the asking price is 30k? I was thinking more on the lines of 21-23k.

This car will not be my DD, I have an old jeep for that. It will only be out on nice days. I also found a 2008 bullitt for sale with just over 1,000 miles on her. How much do you guys think one of those are worth because the asking price is 30k? I was thinking more on the lines of 21-23k.

I think the guy with the bullitt is wanting to get into a 2011 GT and is overpricing the hell out of his car lol. 30K for a used glorified GT doesn't make sense to me, I would rather get the less expensive and slap a SC on it and still have money left for other toys.

I think the guy with the bullitt is wanting to get into a 2011 GT and is overpricing the hell out of his car lol. 30K for a used glorified GT doesn't make sense to me, I would rather get the less expensive and slap a SC on it and still have money left for other toys.

the 2011 GT 5.0 premium coupe i was going to order was $31,000 after discounts

I agree 100% seeing as I went last week to my buddies dealer and he could hook me up with a new 5.0 with 3.73 gears for 28k. Heck even the new 2011 v6 would kill the bullitt in the handling and interior. I could get one of those for 21k. I'm going to see what happens on the 2007 GT when they call me back tomorrow about if they can repair the trunk lid. If they can't do you think offering $15,000 is to low? I could also see if I can talk the other dealer down on the bullitt to around $21,000.