Test drove a 2011 GT & ordered one

jbrillo

Founding Member
Feb 1, 2000
Houston
Well, yesterday I went to my local dealer to check out an '11 Mustang GT base model with the Brembo brake package & 3.73 rear. Loved the look of the car with those rims. Liked the cloth seats too. Only thing missing for me would have been Ford's SYNC. That has got to be one of the coolest features ever to be put on a car. Anyway, the grunt that car has got is nothing short of amazing. Literally, from idle to redline there was an abundance of horsepower. The engine bellowed out sounds worthy of a THX-certified theater. The transmission seemed buttery smooth compared to a 2010 GT & the throw seemed even shorter. The Brembos have some serious bite as well. Everything I've read in the magazines about the '11 Mustang appear to be true. I am sold.

So, I decided to order me one.

Kona Blue GT premium
-6 spd. manual
-401A rapid spec
-Brembo brake package
-3.73 rear
-security package

Needless to say, but I am a little bit excited.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats! The cloth seats are pretty nice this go around. Hopefully the days will pass quickly for you. It will be worth the wait. That Kona Blue is another award winning color imo. There is one near my work I see everyday, Ive dang near run over a few people looking at it. :)

Awesome! Keep us posted on it's status. I'm still waiting for mine to get here.

Will do, thanks! How long ago did you order yours? I figure I should get mine sometime in September. I ordered it on Friday afternoon(6/25) but he said it won't go in till Monday. He said it's usually 6-8 weeks, but I never believe stuff to arrive on time. It never happens, so I figure Sept. is a decent estimate.

I got an internet qoute on an '11 first from local dealership. They didn't have the configuration I wanted, so I ordered one. I live in Houston & there are plenty of GT's & V6's to test drive. I test drove a base GT 6-spd w/ brembos & 3.73's and it was fantastic!

Will do, thanks! How long ago did you order yours? I figure I should get mine sometime in September. I ordered it on Friday afternoon(6/25) but he said it won't go in till Monday. He said it's usually 6-8 weeks, but I never believe stuff to arrive on time. It never happens, so I figure Sept. is a decent estimate.

I ordered mine on 6/2 and just got the VIN for it on 7/1, not sure what the build date is yet but I saw someone else who just got their VIN that is very close to mine and their build week is scheduled for August 2. I would say your guess of September is accurate and the sales guy's guess of 6-8 weeks is way off haha.

UPDATE:

Dealer emailed me yesterday day. It has been 4-weeks since I ordered my car. Got a delviery date of the week of August 18th!!!!!! Obviously, it could come anytime that week or shortly thereafter. Either way I'm stoked! Can't wait till she comes in!