Test drove a 95 Cobra Today :)!!!!!!!!!!!

baller760

Apr 23, 2004
So. Cal.
Well, let me start out by saying that before I drove this car, the fastest thing I've ever driven in was my old 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 which at the track did a best of 16.3 @83. So, anyway, I knew that this car was a mid 14 second car stock according to all of you on this board so I knew it would be fast....Well, I got to the dealer and as I saw it when I was driving by my jaw dropped because of how beautiful it was in person. I mean, I loved looking at them on the interner but being that close was just so god damn GOOD!!!! Now the car was a 1995 Rio Red Cobra with 82k miles on it so I knew it might seem a little used. Sure enough there were the chips on the front bumper and hood from rocks flying onto the car and only very FEW scratches, along with a little hole in the carpet near the clutch from being rubbed too much I guess (car didn't have floormats). Other than that the car was absolutely flawless for a 10 year old car. The interior was practically perfect and the outside almost was as well. Oh, and I couldn't wait to fire her up and hear her roar! Before I fired it up I didn't expect it to be too loud because it was a stock car and all and they are usually pretty quiet. However, I turned the key and the car came to life!!! OMFG it was amazing. I swear, it felt like a first kiss or something, that's how frieken great this thing was. Then I checked the gears and it was smooth as silk and I looked at the beautiful engine bay and it was sparkling clean, so I decided to drive her. Well, I got in the car and he just gave me the keys to test drive it, he didn't even come with me, so I knew I could open her up. I took off and actually almost stalled the car because I wasn't used to the V8's 240 (probably 250) hp and 300tq because I'm used to the little 4 bangers (Sorry, don't laugh, I know 4's aren't that great). Anyway, I got her out onto the street and noticed everyone and their mother looking at me and I hadn't even given it gas yet. Then I let her rip and OMFG I couldn't believe the power! The RPM's just shot up to 5500 and then I shifted. Before I knew it I was doing 60 in a 30! I mean, that may not sound like much to you but when you are used to a Focus that takes about 9.5 seconds to reach 60 and you get there in half that it's a big deal!!! Anyway, the car was absolutely amazing and the MACH 460 sounded like I had subs and amps in the car. I was really sad to have to take her back to the lot but I did and I told him I'd be by tomorrow. After driving that car I think I'm gonna buy it. I need it! What do you think I should ask for it? He wants $9999 but I'm gonna try to get it for $9k. Well, anyway, hopefully this car comes to my possession tomorrow and I'll be puttin' 4.30s in her first thing. :D

• Sponsors (?)

awesome buddy. i fell in love with my cobra almost the same way. i was messing around with imports before i got my car. saw my car with its deep blackness and i could not resist. i gave the guy what he was asking for it. you should offer $9,000. they should take it if you prove to them that you wont budge.

check the kelly blue book value, maybe you can get it for $9,000

I just checked the value and it came out to $9,785 and that was for this location, Id expect cars to be more out in CA. I didnet know your Zip so I couldnet get an exexct price for you. Id say there in the ball park of what its worth though, even if they dont budge on the price its still a good deal.

just go get it,and when you take out the loan get enough for new tires if it needs it.just got my 94 cobra a month ago and love it..it gets faster every week...you are right people love the car..and it is fun to drive..I paid 5800 for mine but put 2000 into it right away on full blown exhaust and new z tires..the bank told me they start between 10 and 14 grand..only 5000 of mine made..you won't loose any money on it....mine came with 90 thous on it

Good story man, hope you pick her up! I bet everyone in here was smiling and nodding as they read cause that is exactly how I felt too. I went from an 85 2.2 liter turbo (joke) Chrysler New Yorker to a 1995 GTS with 3.27s, what a difference that was! Just wait till you toss an aftermarket exhaust on her! I swear I crack a smile every time the engine turns over.

man i just got home and isaw this mustang parked in a shopping center and i saw the svo hood on it so i went to check it out. turns out its for sale and the guy wants $6k for it. its like the sickest looking car ive seen in a while from the outside and the guy said its built up on the inside too. im trying to get the guy to part it out but if anyone wants a black 94 cobra, theres a cheap one down here

Dammit I went to buy it today from this idiot and right when we get started he tells me he doesn't finance people!!! So now I have to wait until Monday to get a god damn loan and buy this beautiful car!! Oh yeah, btw he also had a 96 black Cobra with Bullit rims, sounded like a Magnaflow exhaust, B&M Short Shifter, amplifier, Caster/camber plates, new I think Koni's front and rear, and it was lowered also but Idk what with. But that car had 5k more miles and although it was extremely beautiful on the outside, it squeaked like crazy and the transmission sound like it was grinding or something when just in gear (like the syncros were bad). It was driven pretty hard. Oh well, now I have to get through 2 more sleepless nights and try to get that car Monday!!!

awesome!! i love the SN95 5.0's...the "sophistication" of the newer models, with the shake and rumble of the classic 5.0...gotta love it...

i wouldnt put 4.30's in a car with a 5.0, though. 4.10's maybe but 3.73's are best. will be very annyoing to drive with 4.30's...shifting ALOT and 1st will be almost useless

Yeah if wouldn't put 4.30's in it. It will take a lot of the driveability away. And you will be doing like 4000 rpm going down the highway, maybe more....3.73 is a good gear and the most popular one

Is there a gear between 3.73's and 4.10's? Can I get some other replies to back this up? I've heard 4.10's and 4.30's are a great choice for N/A Mustangs. Or is that just for the 96-98 4.6's that like to rev up to 7 grand?

Well what would I be reving at in 5th at about 75mph with 3.90's? It sounds like a good choice but I just want to make sure. How are 3.73's for you guys? What do you rev at when at the same speed? Is it a night and day difference when you switch to 3.73's and 3.90's? How many tenths off of your 1/4?