Test Drove a new '08 C6 Vette

• Sponsors (?)

The Vette does on nuts what us Mustang guys dream of. The right-now low-end grunt of a pushrod appropriately sized V8; no boost required. Cam in block variable timing to incorporate the best of both worlds.

Mustangs are pony cars; there's no muscle in a pony car... more like a UJM, not great at anything, good at everything.

A muscle car included monster cubes, ran strong in a straight line for it's time, spartan as could be options wise, and couldn't stop or steer for crap.

Vette has stepped up to become a real sports car; beautifully balanced chassis with a complimentary drive train.

A lot of guys tend to bash it because it comes from the other side of the tracks, and while Ford dialed in the 3V a lot better than the 2V, I mean really, naturally aspirated family sedan six cylinders are making what the 4.6 is churning out.

Comparing a new Vette to a new Mustang is like comparing grapes to grapefruit, each one brings something different to the table and the costs reflect it.

:spit: :lol:
1-16.jpg

Hey laser where can we get a shirt like that?

a corvette is an old man mid-life crisis car ... i will take my stang and put that 30k$ that i saved on the price tag of a vette and put that in to my o3 gt and be pulling wheels infront of your house all day long SUKA!!! :rlaugh::rlaugh:

a corvette is an old man mid-life crisis car ... i will take my stang and put that 30k$ that i saved on the price tag of a vette and put that in to my o3 gt and be pulling wheels infront of your house all day long SUKA!!! :rlaugh::rlaugh:

no offense, but that's typical ricer mentality. Dumb vette owners make the same argument with ferraris and lambos. In the end, its whatever vehicle makes you happy. Each person desires something a little different.

A c5 with the z51 susp, or a c6 is a much better performance platform than a mustang. Car and Driver just picked a c5 z06 as the most fun car for under 25000k.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...+t-2001–04_chevrolet_corvette_z06+page-5.html

OH yeah, they typically go 11.8's-12.3's bone stock with stock rubber/weight. And they get 28-31mpg on the highway and will destroy a stang in the twisties.

The argument that "I can go faster for less" is overplayed and dumb.

no offense, but that's typical ricer mentality. Dumb vette owners make the same argument with ferraris and lambos. In the end, its whatever vehicle makes you happy. Each person desires something a little different.

A c5 with the z51 susp, or a c6 is a much better performance platform than a mustang. Car and Driver just picked a c5 z06 as the most fun car for under 25000k.

Most Fun for $25,000 - Feature - 2001?04 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Car And Driver

OH yeah, they typically go 11.8's-12.3's bone stock with stock rubber/weight. And they get 28-31mpg on the highway and will destroy a stang in the twisties.

The argument that "I can go faster for less" is overplayed and dumb.

Agreed, just from driving that car I know it's lightyears ahead in terms of performance. The car looks great and the C5 ZO6's are still awesome. I would actually consider getting one if I had the extra cash.

I like my cars pretty much stock and a stock C5 ZO6 will more than put a nice grin on my face