Test drove new Saleen 281 and Super

OregonMustang

May 18, 2004
Newberg,OR
Test drove new Saleen 281 and Super (gutless turds)

Well my first impressions were....damn that is one hot looking ride.
Inside the car I was like DAMN! Simply incredible....
The car is like 6" wider and about 7" longer. interior is just plane sweet. Shorth throw right in your hand...very nice.

Looked under the hood and I was like..."ehhhh" it's ok.

20" tires very nice.....

Started her up and it sounded so much better then the stock terminators.
I drove her off and the suspension was amazing....windy roads....very tight...

The handling was simple incredible. It putsmy 04 Cobra to shame. I felt like I was driving a freaking radio flyer after getting back in mine.

The engine was well....pathetic...gutless is more like it. I was so disapointed.
52K and it felt slower then my old GT. I thought it was just me...but my buddy said...dude your 04 Cobra is like 2x faster then this thing.

Yeah I guess the Standard Saleen is like 325hp at the crank....and the super is like 400hp at the crank. Oh yeah you can look to pay 40K for a freaking 05 GT right now. And the lower end N/A Saleen no frills is like 44K. So you do the math...

Anyhow I'm waiting for the stinking GT 500 for damn sure. The Saleens look nice...drive nice...but are gutless turds.

Just my opinion.

Eric

• Sponsors (?)

.... so buy an n/a, and ask uncle keneth to come visit. :banana:

You'd still be under 50 (the aprox STICKER PRICE of the shelby, probably 70 after the dealer gets done raping you) with comperable performance, and great handling and breaking... plus the saleen visual impact and collectability.

Just a thought...
DD
:flag: :nice:

ddonaca351 said:

You'd still be under 50 (the aprox STICKER PRICE of the shelby, probably 70 after the dealer gets done raping you) with comperable performance, and great handling and breaking... plus the saleen visual impact and collectability.

Just a thought...
DD

I'm just sick though...freaking stickers on the GT's are like 30K tops...and they are charging 40K ...retarded.

FORD can't physically make enough GTs fast enough.... I"m like crap crank those bastards out....LOL

Eric

ddonaca351 said:

Just a thought...
DD
I will not pay over 50K for a mustang...I will get a C6 or a used Ferrari before I do that.