TF Cam help

mikenstang

May 12, 2003
CT
Hi I need a little help. I have a 1994 GT 5.0 5spd and I have purchased the Trickflow TW heads and the TF 1.7 Roller rockers with the 6.750 TF pushrods. My question is can I run the TF stage II cam with this combo or do I need to upgrade the springs? Or just stay with the Stage I camshaft?
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

You would have to upgrade springs. The stage 2 would work (checking p to v clearance) with using 1.6's not the 1.7's. The 1.7's wouldn't have enough piston to valve clearance if you are running a stock bottomend.

wrathchild said:
You would have to upgrade springs. The stage 2 would work (checking p to v clearance) with using 1.6's not the 1.7's. The 1.7's wouldn't have enough piston to valve clearance if you are running a stock bottomend.
Thanks guys I also finally heard back from trickflow and they confirmed that stage 1 and 1.7rr is as big as you an go with stock pistons. I also found out that I do need to upgrade the springs to the track heat springs.
SO get this.... after I got the above info I took a closer look at the TF heads I bought off e-bay. I was told they were the twisted wedge (which is what I wanted anyway) and after further inspection I found that they have the 7/16 studs and double valve springs with an install height of 1.7800" or less a few thou. (the TW heads have 1.80") SOOO I think I got the trackheat heads for the price of the TW's!! NICE!! :banana: I am checking the casting numbers with TF to confirm> thanks again for the help.