tfi modules

• Sponsors (?)

They're pretty much all junk and the most reliable units tend to be OEM. Finding OEM units can be a challenge sometimes. There are fakes on that jungle website and others. Best to get them from someplace reputable like a dealership or a NAPA, etc.

They all suck except for the motorcraft ones. That being said you can stretch the "junk" as far as they will go with silicone grease on the back plate. I used super lube 98003. The best thing i think would be a TFI relocation mod

They're pretty much all junk and the most reliable units tend to be OEM. Finding OEM units can be a challenge sometimes.

This.

I’d trust a 30 year old OEM over a new unit, even Motorcraft. They just aren’t made the same these days and the reliability is suspect.

Not to say the old ones didn’t have their troubles. They do. But the truth is TFI ignition vehicles aren’t really all that common these days so the number of supplies making parts for them is dwindling. As a result, all the new electronic sensors and such (even Motorcraft) are all being made by lowest bidder in a small bidding pool. As a result, quality is falling off.

Since your module is running fine, don’t touch a thing.

Last edited:
  • PlusOne
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users