TFI Msd Distributor dont buy!!!!

billy86gt

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I built my motor 347 with the best of the best eagle internals,brodix heads, custom comp cam, edelbrock intake.... msd everything.well on the dyno it did great but at the track i kept falling on my face.well everyone i talked tosaid change the distributor and i did last night i put the factory one back in. well it fixed the problem.when i pulled out the msd the piece inside that the pick up on 2 of the spots it senses had distorted and bent out to where it was rubbing on the pick up and everything else inside the distributor.Everyone i have talked to says that with a fuel injected motor msd doesnt have it right yet so my advice is dont buy it.

• Sponsors (?)

I have used a TFI MSD distributor for years with no issues. So have several of my friends on anything from a stock 5.0 to a high compression nitrous 347 to supercharged 331 engines. Maybe we are the lucky ones?:rolleyes:

yup my 351 has a MSD tfi distributor in it since built(8 years or so ago)....with in about 4 month the TFI module took a dump..replaced it with a ford module, then a year later the pick up let go...replaced it with a ford pick up...many years of great operation with ford electronics in the MSD body!!!