TFS 1? or XE270HR? Which cam is better for my combo?

Which of these cams for MY combo?

• Trick Flow Stage 1

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Comp Cams XE270HR

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Crane Cams 2040 (e-cam)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

maverick0716

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2002
Chilliwack, BC, Canada
This is my future combo by the way.......Edelbrock Performer RPM intake w/ holley 600 cfm carb (possibly bigger jets) Edelbrock Performer RPM heads with 1.9 intake valves. I'll also have 3.73 gears in the rear.

I need opinions on which is better for this combo between these two cams.....and I'll throw the Comp cams 2040 (E-303) in the poll just to make it interesting. :p

• Sponsors (?)

TTT

To entice you guys to actually reply to this thread I'll also add the specs of each cam

TFS 1 - Advertised duration - 275 intake / 279 exhaust, Gross valve lift - .499 intake / .510 exhaust, 112 lobe separation

Comp Cams XE270HR - Advertised duration - 270 intake / 276 exhaust, Gross valve lift - .512 intake / .512 exhaust, 114 lobe separation

Crane Cams 2040 - Advertised duration - 282 intake / 282 exhaust, Gross valve lift - .498 intake / .498 exhaust, 110 lobe separation

Look at the other XE270HR that has 112 lsa rather than 114, would be better suited with a NA carb setup, thats what Im going with, I like the Comp XE line, compare the advertised to .050 duration numbers and youll see that Comp has a more aggressive ramp than the others

SwAmPf0x said:
Look at the other XE270HR that has 112 lsa rather than 114, would be better suited with a NA carb setup, thats what Im going with, I like the Comp XE line, compare the advertised to .050 duration numbers and youll see that Comp has a more aggressive ramp than the others

I'm not too familiar with the lsa numbers on camshafts. All I know is the higher the number seems to be, the better it is for computer cars. Would I get more performance out of say a 112 or 110?

i had the xe270 hr in my na302 and it is the one comp reccomended 112 lsa.it had a bit of a lumpy idle but i loved the cam.i have that cam in the box with the card that came with it and it has about 9000 miles on it in perfect condition and will sell it for 75.00 if anyone interested.i put in a 347 and that cam would noy be the best choice for the 347 is the reason i took it out.if interested email me at [email protected]

ii

I thought that you already sold the cam....................

You've got mail...........again.

Oh yeah, my vote goes to the comp cam. If I were you, I would go with something like a 112 lsa. It is good for the n/a setup you have, and is still good for a power adder. I am biased towards the xtreme energy line, since I want to get this cam, but it should be good with your setup.

Chris