Progress Thread Tfs 205cc 302 Build

Ummmm...no progress. This should be labeled a no-progress thread. My buddy got swamped with work and so have I. We plan on this week getting the topend off and the cam out(that is what we discussed on Friday). I probably should have done it at home but I did need some of his expertise. I've never tore a manual trans apart, and had help on measuring ptv clearance etc in the past. I'm sure I could have done most of it myself but figured he has done it thousands of times. I am installing a new Ram clutch,flywheel,oil pump.pan,etc(couldn't remember if I stated that before). So basically everything will be new except the actual rotating assembly.

Blower isn't going to happen this year and at present rate be lucky to have it running before it gets cold. I will have to readdress the fuel system at that point also. Very disheartening and I'm resigned to my fate. "Buddy price"=slow as ****! But I knew what I was in for to a certain degree. I'm remodeling some of the house,worked on a few other projects,and have been Muskie fishing when not at the day job. Oh and the ex appealed our court decision. The fun never stops. Some free advise(basically practical sense) if anyone gets divorced, keep track of all records. Period. Even the smallest of things can become an "area of discussion" when it comes to attorneys(they do make an hourly rate you know lol).

Yuck. Two of the worst scenarios in the world in one post. "The buddy price scenario"..

and divorce.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Ummmm...no progress. This should be labeled a no-progress thread. My buddy got swamped with work and so have I. We plan on this week getting the topend off and the cam out(that is what we discussed on Friday). I probably should have done it at home but I did need some of his expertise. I've never tore a manual trans apart, and had help on measuring ptv clearance etc in the past. I'm sure I could have done most of it myself but figured he has done it thousands of times. I am installing a new Ram clutch,flywheel,oil pump.pan,etc(couldn't remember if I stated that before). So basically everything will be new except the actual rotating assembly.

Blower isn't going to happen this year and at present rate be lucky to have it running before it gets cold. I will have to readdress the fuel system at that point also. Very disheartening and I'm resigned to my fate. "Buddy price"=slow as ****! But I knew what I was in for to a certain degree. I'm remodeling some of the house,worked on a few other projects,and have been Muskie fishing when not at the day job. Oh and the ex appealed our court decision. The fun never stops. Some free advise(basically practical sense) if anyone gets divorced, keep track of all records. Period. Even the smallest of things can become an "area of discussion" when it comes to attorneys(they do make an hourly rate you know lol).

Sorry about the problems, Jeff. Try and stay focused on the end game and the big grin then.

Oh, and my youngest turns 18 and graduates high school this year, so I can officially tell the ex to fly a kite and have a nice life.

Reactions: 3 users
Well I talked to my friend today and he said to come by tonight after work(I finally get out of here reasonably at 3:30) and we are going to start. Had to order new lifters and different head gaskets(the mls weren't going to work) so there was a delay this week on parts. Hopefully I should have everything stripped out/off by tonight/tomorrow at the latest. My other buddy is trying to get his chevelle ready for the big end of the year race on Sunday. So I'm going to be wrenching all weekend lol. I'm going to help him on Sunday also. He's hoping for a 9.90 n/a(540 bbc 13:1 with a little juice for grudge racing;)) Small tire "street car" that previously ran 10.20's without nitrous on pump gas that made 680rwhp. New motor should be around 750-800fwhp and I told him if he doesn't run faster than 9.90's he should put a "real motor" in it and/or learn to drive. I'll try to take some pics of everything this weekend.

There's fox guys on other forums running that fast on n/a 8.2 blocks, a juiced big block should do better.

At least you're making progress, I should be able to almost afford a short block down payment by Thanksgiving.

There's fox guys on other forums running that fast on n/a 8.2 blocks, a juiced big block should do better.

At least you're making progress, I should be able to almost afford a short block down payment by Thanksgiving.
Darn thing weighs 3800 lbs with him in it and it's a small tire car but I agree. He went 9.40's with a small hit on old combo. That motor stayed together for 8 years until last fall. He melted 4 Pistons when the fuel solenoid malfunctioned. Best 60 ft with slicks is only 1.50's. He needed more stall but didn't want to change it. New converter stalls higher to 5000 and shift point is around 7400 with an 8k rev limiter. I drove the old combo once at the track and it was fairly mild. I really think it has a 9.50 in it now(8's with nitrous).

As far as mine goes...everything is out/off and now waiting on some parts. I expect motor to be done by end of the week. I probably won't get a track time this year though. I just want to drive it. Only put on 1500 miles the last 2 years.

I'm keeping the ole lady I have now. Been divorced once already. Promised to bury this one in the back yard before going through that again.
1sm074hole.gif

Reactions: 2 users
I'm keeping the ole lady I have now. Been divorced once already. Promised to bury this one in the back yard before going through that again.
1sm074hole.gif
Yeah, and while you're digging the hole in the back yard, she'll just walk up hit you in the back of the head w/ a hammer and push you in.

How do you know that she isn't "keeping you"?

Yeah, and while you're digging the hole in the back yard, she'll just walk up hit you in the back of the head w/ a hammer and push you in.

How do you know that she isn't "keeping you"?

As you are old enough to already know this, I will not respond to your question with valid response. To everyone else though: The answer to Mike's question is this... It doesn't matter! If she comes up and bashes the back of my head in with a shovel well.... It's over. Problem solved. I still win. :nice:

Reactions: 2 users
As you are old enough to already know this, I will not respond to your question with valid response. To everyone else though: The answer to Mike's question is this... It doesn't matter! If she comes up and bashes the back of my head in with a shovel well.... It's over. Problem solved. I still win. :nice:

Aww Strawberry,,..Are you on another one of your Vietnam trips man?

I've got to remember to keep a database w/ you so I can look back to know what the hell you're talking about.

Let me guess:

Is it because I don't listen to you ( or anybody else)?

Reactions: 1 users
It doesn't matter! If she comes up and bashes the back of my head in with a shovel well.... It's over. Problem solved. I still win. :nice:
:lol: And here i was thinking i was the only one that ever felt that way! LMAO!!!

What's also funny is i've promised to bury her in the back yard so often it's become cliche.:rlaugh:

Last edited:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Here's a few track pics. Buddy ran 9.42 first pass-9.45 2nd pass both at 142mph. The Cadillac was running 11.10's and looked completely stock(if you weren't paying attention lol). Very nice "sleeper". Also a few random mustangs.

So I really really thought I'd have this done but it's not going to happen this fall. I'm going to gradually(like this hasn't been the case already) work on the car. I still haven't ordered the transmission internals yet. I'm actually dragging my feet on this because I don't want to put another T5 in the car. I know I'll just break the darn thing. Again. I haven't ruled out an upgrade. It just makes to much sense but the budget has shrunk.

The ex got her way on a few things and cost me more than I thought. Not a big deal for I already have 95% of the parts to finish and still have some money for the rest. It is a set back though for what I wanted to accomplish this coming year. I was going to (besides finishing the motor/trans) go 5 lug and buy some weld RTS wheels-MT tires and go with a nice nitrous system but I don't think that's going to happen.

I stopped to talk and work on the motor last week. We had the heads/cam etc done and was planning on throwing the pan/cover/balancer/water pump on. I didn't get anything accomplished. I just haven't been motivated to get much done with it getting colder. I made a mistake in using my friend. Not that it's his fault. I obviously expected to get this done this year with his help. He told me it wouldn't be a problem if I was stopping to help and he didn't get busy. I just didn't have the time/desire to be there and of course his shop got busy. I envy you guys in a warmer climate.

So here I sit without anything happening for awhile. I've hit a wall.