Progress Thread Tfs 205cc 302 Build

You sound like me last winter . Take a step back and then go back to it

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I almost decided to take a loan out(I've only used "extra spending money" so far) and scrap this build and go in a different direction(either coyote or dart block). I've since come back to reality. I don't want to get that involved/indebted. So going to finish this up by spring and enjoy it for awhile. I then will concentrate on interior(which is ok now but I want to change some things). I also will probably do the 5 lug conversion and wheel tire upgrade. Hope to have those things done by spring of 17 at the latest. I want to drive the car next summer as much as possible before more work. Like everybody knows as soon as you get something done with these cars there is something new to fix/change/improve. It never really ends lol.

Reactions: 3 users
I almost decided to take a loan out(I've only used "extra spending money" so far) and scrap this build and go in a different direction(either coyote or dart block). I've since come back to reality. I don't want to get that involved/indebted. So going to finish this up by spring and enjoy it for awhile. I then will concentrate on interior(which is ok now but I want to change some things). I also will probably do the 5 lug conversion and wheel tire upgrade. Hope to have those things done by spring of 17 at the latest. I want to drive the car next summer as much as possible before more work. Like everybody knows as soon as you get something done with these cars there is something new to fix/change/improve. It never really ends lol.
It really doesn't ever end. One of the reasons I bought the MM c/o kit was to try to focus more on suspension, handling, and ride quality before HP. Although HP for me won't really cost me any money since I already have the built engine I'd still like to focus my limited time on improvements that make the ride a little more comfy and enjoyable. I have been looking for 5 lug swap parts locally and they are not that easy to find. Most stuff is 96+ which I don't want.

It really doesn't ever end. One of the reasons I bought the MM c/o kit was to try to focus more on suspension, handling, and ride quality before HP. Although HP for me won't really cost me any money since I already have the built engine I'd still like to focus my limited time on improvements that make the ride a little more comfy and enjoyable. I have been looking for 5 lug swap parts locally and they are not that easy to find. Most stuff is 96+ which I don't want.
I started upgrading suspension,rearend,etc first also. That's,dare I say, "done". My 4 lug rear is fine for my power level(31spline moser axles,frpp diff,gears,girdle etc). I really just want better brakes and different wheels. So many more wheel choices. I like a lot of the "classic" 4 lug wheels but it would be nice to have lots more choices(even though I really want the Welds). It's also slightly bigger pita to swap over to 5 lug brakes with this being an 86. I may just run drums in back at first before going rear discs. Just having the bigger discs up front will make a huge improvement. The 86 brakes just blow(even worse than the older models i.e. Same as 4 bangers). This will be a top priority after adding more powa lol.

Well I've been dreading posting this. But I hate open-ended threads without a conclusion. So posting this somewhat answers/ends this thread. I've decided to scrap this project. I also am probably going to sell the car. I've been snake bite from the beginning and have some family issues to deal with. I've been kicking this around for awhile and isn't a spur of the moment decision. Bummed about this but there are other things waaay more important than my car hobby. Still addicted to the fox bodies and this site lol. But it's time for me to move on from this. Not sure where the future will take me but I'll always be passionate about these cars.

Well I've been dreading posting this. But I hate open-ended threads without a conclusion. So posting this somewhat answers/ends this thread. I've decided to scrap this project. I also am probably going to sell the car. I've been snake bite from the beginning and have some family issues to deal with. I've been kicking this around for awhile and isn't a spur of the moment decision. Bummed about this but there are other things waaay more important than my car hobby. Still addicted to the fox bodies and this site lol. But it's time for me to move on from this. Not sure where the future will take me but I'll always be passionate about these cars.

Man I sure hate to hear that. The fellow i bought my calypso car from was in the same spot then. He's owned four more foxes since i bought this one from him.. Hope you get it ironed out soon, bud.

Sorry to hear that Bro! I know you've been through a lot these last couple years so I hope things get better for you from here on out.

Thanks. Now I just have to throw the old girl back together lol. Still installing some new parts(oil pan/pump,timing chain/cover,sfi balancer,edelbrock water pump,hoses,aluminum radiator,and the all powerful B CAM ftmfw!):banana::jester:

Oh and rebuilt T5 with ram clutch,mm adj clutch cable,etc.

I hate news like this. A lot of people come and go, quickly, from here. I felt like you were one of the staples. Good luck to you.

Joe
Oh. Wow. Thanks Joe. I don't plan on leaving the site any time soon. Just might be 'stangless for awhile. Have to see what the near and distant future brings. I've had a few in the past and like boosted pointed out, I'll probably have another one(or2,3,4...?):)

This is really the demise of this project and probably my present 86. But hey...maybe in a year or so I will be looking and hopefully find my 4 eyed t top coupe I want. Who knows. I do appreciate the kind comments from everyone.

Wow brother.. so sorry to hear about that but we all know life happens.. Thoughts and prayers are with you and hope everything ends up ok. Family does come first- been there done that and had to sell both my 85 race car and 87 show car 15 years ago due to divorce- took 10 years to get back into the game.

If at all possible try and keep the car, but if it has to go, it has to go.

Damn, sorry to hear about this. I'll echo everyone else's comments by saying you have been very helpful to everyone here. I hope things get better for you and that you continue to stay on the site. You're a great resource.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Mine sat for years, but we all have to keep priorities straight, best of luck for you, and as you said -you'll still be on here providing sage advise and comments...

Thanks again for kind words guys. I do appreciate it. Don't know how "sage" I am. Lol but I do comment often. @Noobz347 that is my plan at the moment. Just trying to see where I'm going to be at after the go fast parts are sold.
:SN:Community is just awesome. I'm glad to be a part of it. Now I'm done bemoaning my predicament. Carry on gentlemen and thank you.