TFS intake, Accufab oval TB, and T-trim Upgrade

jivepepper

Founding Member
Jun 19, 2002
Under a Sombrero. in WV.
I just recent installed the TFS intake with oval upper, An Accufab single blade 1694 CFM throttle body and Upgraded. I thought I would share some pics.

I had to modifiy the the oil fill neck, Make my own throttle cable bracket and go with a 96-98 cobra thtrottle cable. You can use a bullitt throttle cable, bracket and valve covers if you go with the oval throttle body opition over the round upper.

98% done, still need to finish putting the belt on, fill with fliuds and change oil, and put the the 2 pipes from the SC to the inlet of the intercooler.

About a hour or two tomorrow and I should be done. Damn this has been a long project. Mostly because I had to fab a lot of little stuff and I did it all by myself, since my son is away at school. I have retune scheduled for april 3rd. :)

102_1517.jpg

102_1513.jpg

102_1516.jpg

102_1515.jpg

102_1514.jpg

Accufab throttle body
102_1407.jpg

102_1411.jpg

102_1414.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Since it looks similar to a bullitt intake I thought I would show pics of both for comparison.

Since the alt is inverted it allows for larger, straighter, and equal lenght runners. Plus unless you mod the bullit you can not run a single blade tb. The TFS is powered coated black, but you can get it in silver and nautral aluminum. The also have a round tb version.

TFS Lower
102_1343.jpg

bullitt lower
bullittvsstock.jpg

TFS inside
102_1341.jpg

bullitt inside
portedbullitt.jpg

TFS upper
102_1336.jpg

bullitt upper
14943d1209410560-bullitt-intake-4-sale-bi3.jpg

I just finished up and took it for a spin. I can't believe how much smoother it runs. All the little codes and glitches must have been either related to the intake, tb/plenum or one of the gaskets involved. I was getting occasional misses and the feeling of holding back at cruise here and there before the mods.

No sputtering, no occasional miss nothing. It's running a little rich at idle, and wants to stall ocassionally when coming to stop. Nothing that a tune couldn't fix.

After a little bit tweaking it's going to be a great running car. But I really need to change my exhaust. The 3" bullets dumped is getting old already. Way to loud and raspy/thrasy sound when combined with an X-pipe.

Overall I'm very happy so far with the mods and I'm looking forward to tuning april 3rd. Yippie it's back to it's smooth running self.