Thanks for the Add, 98 interior question Saddle Twill

Cobrafixer

Dec 13, 2021
Folsom, CA
Hi All, just found this site, I'm a long time Mustang guy, currently I'm looking for some 98 GT Interior seat covers or even some fabric, I bought this car new and sold it to my dad when purchased something else, I'm having a hell of a time just finding a pic online to match up! I want to fix the drivers seat for him, it needs new foam and the bottom of the seat cover's cut from where the foam was cut from the seat frame. If i have to I'll get the sides redone but I was hoping to find an NOS seat cover to replace it
Here's the question, it looks like a Saddle twill interior, I'd have to dig out the widow sticker, I tried decoding it but cant find the right decoder!

INT 7
TR S
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!
Pic's attached

Door sticker cropped .jpg IMG_7691.JPG IMG_7692.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Page seems defunct nowadays, but I did find a decoder a loooong while ago...

The Wayback machine still has it: https://web.archive.org/web/2008051...mpabay.rr.com/theflock/mustang/doorplate.html

INT TR = 7S isn't mentioned on that page tho. But you may have some luck getting more insight in the doorsticker using that page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mustang_SVT_Cobra does mention the 7S code for the interior trim on a 1998 as 'Saddle cloth'.

I did have the foam in my seat (2002 model) refilled twice now to firm up the seat (just the bottom part of the seat, They haven't had to refill the back apart, tho the first time they did the refilling, I know they pulled the whole seat apart - I saw them do it). Be aware that there are some clips holding the cloth down to the foam in the center part tho (steps 9 and 12 in on the 'replacement' list on here: https://www.thedrive.com/maintenance-repair/33635/how-to-reupholster-car-seats). Without those clips the cloth-material likely won't fit tightly on the foam underneath.

You won’t find NOS more than likely, but TMI makes reproduction foam and covers. They don’t have the same detail on the interior section as OEM saddle seats were.

I don’t see cloth listed on LMR, it CJ pony parts has cloth. However…I wouldn’t order from them (terrible customer service)

Here’s brand new foam (price is per seat) but it only works with the TMI material.

You can also try TMI directly.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
You won’t find NOS more than likely, but TMI makes reproduction foam and covers. They don’t have the same detail on the interior section as OEM saddle seats were.

I don’t see cloth listed on LMR, it CJ pony parts has cloth. However…I wouldn’t order from them (terrible customer service)

Here’s brand new foam (price is per seat) but it only works with the TMI material.

You can also try TMI directly.
Thanks Guy's,
I saw that seat foam and figured I'd go that route, I'm sure it will need some reenforcement where the frame cut thruogh the old one, I can't even find a pic online of the tweed interior like that. I may have to go to ford and see if I can find an old part number or something so I can start really searching for that!

Seeing shipping costs would kill the price on the ordering parts for me, I've sourced local people that could do the foam repair. Essentially they cut/removed bits of foam from the seat, and added (glued) new pieces in then shaping those to get back to the original shape of the seat.

On the second run they also found some springs missing/loose under the seat and replaced those aswell...

But since you're probably in the US, ordering would be a potential easier way for you.

Ah. Didn't see you were overseas. Yeah, shipping will definitely push costs up higher.

I've done the foam repair like you've stated personally when i was restoring a set of Recaros. It's fairly easy, but the challenge is finding equivalent foam that has the same density/feel. Obviously an upolstery shop will have figured this out, but really it's as simple as some as some 3M spray adhesive, glue some foam together and then shave it to the right contour.

Thanks for the advice, I've done a few seat's on 69's and 70's I seem to remember there was a shop that sold OEM material for the cars but can't find it for the life of me! With the seat rails so sharp, I think a layer of denim or burlap between the foam and the frame seems like a good idea. I may end up at a shop to see if they can match the side material, that's the only part that was cut by the frame, I was trying to keep it simple so we'll see how that goes