Thanks for the suggestions but, I remembered a real problem

Triple White 91

May 24, 2007
Thank you to everyone who posted ideas and comments in my first post "Should I stay close to stock". Anyway, I remembered that sometimes at night, when the roads are bumpy, my headlights kick out for no apperent reason when in the ON position and then kick back in shortly arterward. My guess is a lose connection somewhere but where? Any ideas of where to look first? Is this a Ford thing, or just an older car thing?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

My dash lights don't like to come on the same as my headlights - either I get one, or the other, unless I fiddle with the switch and/or beat on the friggin' gauge cluster bezel. Sometimes a random bump will turn off one set of lights or the other. Really annoying. I need to just spend the bucks on a new switch and be done with it.

I'd bet that it's the switch in your case, too.

I think it is a ford thing..... my 88 used to do that... but for some reason hasn't for awhile... even though I guess I have been working on it too much... and driving it less at night.... so probably still does.... Sometimes it is tempting to get a relay and switch kit and just rewire the friggin things!!! Have a hidden switch lol... I remember when I was dating this girl who kinda lived on the out skirts of town a bit... and being out in the boons... and having the lights go out.... get pretty nervous driving blindly down a pitch black road!!!

Hey, AnthonyR23.

I'm also in Ontario. I noticed that your mods/changes to your car include white guages. Are they in miles or km's. I've been looking for white guages for mine in km's. If they are in km's, where should I look?