Thanks Tom! - Pony decal pics inside

Ozz

I think I have a problem here.
Founding Member
Jul 27, 2001
Canton, MI
I'm a Fox Body guy but I hang out here and know half of you, and you all know TOm so I thought I'd come over here for some show and tell!

Grabbed some billet door sill plates to help neaten up the interior a little, and as some of you guys know I like to do things a little differently. The original plan was for powdercoat color & a heat stamp graphic, but there were concerns regarding the powder holding up to the stamping process plus the coating would've been a custom color in the triple digits - not the exact route I wanted to go :notnice:

So I got some dye and Tom made me up some running pony graphics to add to them, and this is the result:

sill1.jpg

sill2.jpg

For any of you who aren't familiar, the stock Fox body door sill plates are a joke. I don't believe they changed since the early 80s so you can imagine what they looked like. :rolleyes: This is a little more sleek and should flow well with the rest of it:

int.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Yea, it was a rare color combo I believe only in 92-93 convertibles, and I think only GT convertibles at that. FWIW all the coloring on the interior is 'as stock'. Like the door panels and seats, although modified, were white to begin with. That's how I want to do the interior, "like stock" but with a more modern flair, without becoming tacky. Fox body interiors are hard to make look nice and stand out at the same time.

When Dave's not on SN, he's keeping his white seats clean. :eek: :p

It looks great man. I remembered quite some time ago you were trying to figure out which route to go since you didnt want bling.

What's under your low fluid module?

Dave, I meant that I recall you not liking the polished door sill plates. I think they're kind of gaudy myself. ;)

Maybe I'm just not familiar with the airbag interiors. Under where your low level module should be, you have some pod looking thing facing upwards.

From another perspective: If you look at your blower speed knob and then look to the left, you have a funny pod facing upwards (so it looks to me). I thought it was something custom you did. :nice:

I knew what ya meant. *I* meant that I don't like blingy stuff in the interior and you were correct in saying so. I like shiny things, but only under the hood :nice:

Nope, that's just the way it came. For a minute there I thought you were talking about the custom gauge pod where the stock AC vent was.