The 05' Has Arrived... Link to pics!

BStevens

Founding Member
Aug 28, 2001
Grand Rapids, MI
Let me first start off by saying i'm a long time fox body owner.

My dad makes decent money, I wont lie. He has a Factory Five Cobra kit car that has some goodies under the hood. But when the 05 was unveiled we said "dude lets get one."

So we did.. We have the ins with Great Lakes Ford in Muskegon. The owner and my dad go way back. My dad has bought every vehicle he's owned from this guy. So the guys treats my dad good and takes care of him.

We got a call today saying it had arrived, exactly the way we had ordered it. So we drove up there. Took it for a test drive. Let me tell you this, that car handles like a champ. Almost zero body roll. And the stock exhaust sounds pretty wicked for being stock. I didnt care for the wheels that it came with, but hey. What can I do. It's not my car, I didnt pay for it.

Ill stop wasting your time and let you look at what you wanna see. The pics!

Pics of our 2005 GT

• Sponsors (?)

specialvteam said:
Nice car, I agree that it could use some better wheels.
I cant decide between the two wheel options.
Do you know when the 18" wheels are available?

have fun! :banana:
1993 red cobra

If you can't decide, then get the standard wheels. I have read that the darker colors look better with the standard wheels and lighter color stangs look better with the optional wheels. If in doubt, get the standard. I am in the same position as you. I will probalby get the standard wheels

The latest is "Maybe" for the 18" wheels as an option in 2006.

cant decide color

Thanks for the help, that is what I was thinking too. I think that the
standard wheels look much better , but I dont hear that from anyone
else.
I am from Minnesota, has anybody heard of any GT's up here?
I have seen and driven the V6 but everybody is getting them in the same
color so it is hard to pic a color to order. So I hope it does not take
forever for more cars to get up here. :shrug:

what color do you think makes this body look its best? (black)

the dealership needs it for a car show that it will be in. so since my dad knows the guy steeda was going to send one set of lowering springs and the owner is gonna hook us up for free!

so were gonna be lowering it within the next couple weeks.

Hey fellow michiganders! Let me know when that car show is, that dealership is about 20 minutes from my house (on lk Mi, in N. Muskegon). ]

Im not a current Mustang owner, but will be next summer (pesky college graduation first...).

BStevens said:
the dealership needs it for a car show that it will be in. so since my dad knows the guy steeda was going to send one set of lowering springs and the owner is gonna hook us up for free!

so were gonna be lowering it within the next couple weeks.
Grand Rapids :nice:
Nice car man :hail2:

ponyboy66: actually we live outside of Hudsonville. I just put GR so people have a good idea.

rba007: i believe its an open house for Great Lakes Ford. On the 29th of this month from what ive been told i'll have to check should be lowered and tinted by then.