The 3 Specific Benefits Of Synthetic Engine Oil Over Conventional

That may be true they are not regulated the same I dunno but I do know a company has to build it's reputation on good products. Not sure I would call them a racket lol.

My conventional oil turns black much faster than synthetic. That I have used anyway.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

Oil turning black means nothing except it is filtering out contaminents. What is more important is how quickly the oil breaks down and loses viscosity and detergent agents. Most dino oils turn black after a few thousand miles.. You need to send out the oil to have it analyzed to determine what is going on.

Synthetic oils have been hyped by the oil companies for years. I've run dino oil in dozens of cars that all have gone over 100k miles with zero engine problems. It all comes down to maintenence.

• Sponsors (?)

I see the ostriches populate this thread equally.

Go ahead ostriches, bury your heads in the sand.

Where is the clinical research that says oil is oil?

Race teams from all over the world, as well as manufacturers of many fine automobiles ( including Ford) exclusively use synthetic oil in their engines because why?????

It's the same as the 2.99 qt. stuff that Walmart has on sale?

Really?

Test after test has shown synthetic oil far superior than standard grade in almost every area they test. Longevity test show significant reduction in wear, and far less gum, varnish, and sludge. Endurance test prove that the synthetic version far exceed standard crude in its capacity to do the job of keeping s hit slippery at 250+ degrees.

A 0/5 wt. oil doesn't even exist as a standard product. They can't get it to go there.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what crank windage does to power. So do you, the very next time your passenger front tires hit that puddle of water at the curb. A crank counter plowing into a SAE standard crude woul definitely encounter way more friction, than if it hit a 5/20 syn.

And remember,....the EPA mandated the removal of the one ingredient crude oil desperately needed to do its job properly OUT of crude oil. No more zinc.

As for me, crude oil serves one purpose.....to be NOT slippery enough to allow the rings to seat during break in.

Not the same, gentlemen....
Ohh the humanity.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Oh, and the walmart house brand motor oil is re-packaged. It's made by Exxon and sold at a fraction of the price as it's brand name.

I thought it was pennzoil.. I coulda swore that. I know that for a fact in the 90s oreilly/Hi-Lo oil was valvoline. Had a buddy that managed a store. He had the low down.

@madmike1157 Lol at ostriches. While i agree with a lot of what you said, you know there are store brands just repackaged right?

I thought it was pennzoil.. I coulda swore that. I know that for a fact in the 90s oreilly/Hi-Lo oil was valvoline. Had a buddy that managed a store. He had the low down.

@madmike1157 Lol at ostriches. While i agree with a lot of what you said, you know there are store brands just repackaged right?
I'm not saying that any one label is better than the other....... As long as the comparison is between dinosaur turds to scientifically enhanced synthetic, I don't care if the brand is Green Giant.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not saying that any one label is better than the other....... As long as the comparison is between dinosaur turds to scientifically enhanced synthetic, I don't care if the brand is Green Giant.

Well you're in luck. They have no name turds AND science juice! :nice:

Read this paragraph. Not a product endorsement. Hopefully they are telling the truth ;)

upload_2016-2-12_11-31-13.png

I'm sure they are telling the truth as they see it.....but here's the thing. Very likely, so is the other guy claiming that "brand X" oil is what they recommend because they've had equally successful experiences using it.

Quite honestly, I put very little stock into what "race teams" and their so called experts have to say when endorsing a product. Especially when you consider most race teams/racers are running and tearing down engines after every race and have no idea how they hold up to real world, long term use.

Experts can quote high rpm usage and scorching engine heat figures all they'd like… Both scenarios pale comparison to the kind of damage done by your average Joe who only lives a couple of miles from work and doesn't let his engine warm up to sufficient operating temperature on a regular basis.

Or you average enthusiast that's always bolting on the next big mod and can't quit tinkering under hood who's engine ends up running dirtier than a diesel. Pretty tough to compare that to an oil that resides in the engine that's built and maintained by heavily sponsored race teams to run and peek, optimum performance and efficiency at all times.

A race car, is not a street car.

Reactions: 1 users
Experts can quote high rpm usage and scorching engine heat figures all they'd like… Both scenarios pale comparison to the kind of damage done by your average Joe who only lives a couple of miles from work and doesn't let his engine warm up to sufficient operating temperature on a regular basis.

A race car, is not a street car.

I think you may be being a bit liberal with the words "pale in comparison" but that's my opinion. Much like you are entitled to your own.. I see all kinds of mechanical equipment day in and day out, and while it's true frequent start/stops and heat fluxuation take their toll.. High heat/high rpm equipment seems to suffer more than the light duty stuff that runs slow, cool, and kicks on and off a dozen times a day. There is a huge difference in severe duty equipment and light duty equipment. In fact, people are conditioned to believe that start stop business from commercials that tell you it's bad... It's not great, but it's in now way comparable to running 700 hp running 6-8k rpm for hours on end. Like you said...(and I agree with this part) A race car, is not a street car.