the 408 lives!

• Sponsors (?)

that will come......just have to tune it a bit first! I'm on holidays this week so i should be able to get it running proper (efi can be a bitch to tune with 42lb injectors on a stock eec) My headers are Hookers i believe, they are small but they'll do for now untill someone makes a nice set in a larger diameter....that i can afford :D I may end up making my own, my buddy and i made a set for his 1000hp naturally asperated 413 cubic inch small block chev Monza Spider. They start out at 2 inch, step to 2 1/8th and then to 2 1/4! They were real fun to build.....not :notnice:

I priced up a box of bends and 2 header flanges from Summit, and it was about $400. I just need to get rid of the strut rod assembly under there to make room, because I'm not building headers that run under the crossmember, they're going to snake down between the frame and bell.
I dread the thought of making them.

I'm having a hard time getting my idle to stay set. I'm thinking my Mustang 5 liter A9L computer and 42lb injectors aren't getting along :nonono: I'm taking a look at Megasquirt EFI with ignition control. Looks pretty cool.....and its way cheaper than any of the other aftermarket EFI untits!

78pinto said:
I'm having a hard time getting my idle to stay set. I'm thinking my Mustang 5 liter A9L computer and 42lb injectors aren't getting along :nonono: I'm taking a look at Megasquirt EFI with ignition control. Looks pretty cool.....and its way cheaper than any of the other aftermarket EFI untits!

Just throwing out some ideas here.... isn't there an idle control sensor? I know at one point my 4.6L would surge at idle a lot and it was caused by the air density sensor being dirty and reading incorrectly.

d