The Best Blower Cams! MPH of Hitech Stage II's

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
well, i was contemplating upgrading my custom stage 1 blower cams to a stage II type blower cam this summer when i reconfigure my piping, maf, and tune to get it right.

i was wondering what stage 2 blower cam would be the best for my specific application. MPH blower or Hitech blower cam.

one thing i dont want to lose is low end with the centri thats was the reason for the stage 1's in the first place.

What dod you think and why? what about the cam you pic specs are better for my application?

thanks alot!

• Sponsors (?)

Too bad MPH doesn't post or tell anyone specs on their cams, I can tell you exactly what it'll do/how it'll affect compression ect in relation to a blower as I just did this in chosing a custom blower cam.
Im sure a lot of people will recommend HiTech based on their N/A popularity, but N/A cams are designed for nothing like/almost opposite to blower cams.

I know a lot about VT and crower blower cams.

i know, i DO NOT want any recomendations based on their hitech NA cams. i realize they are great for a na application. i want opinions based on their blower cam specs and experiances. i looked at their site and checked out the dyno sheet they have for the blower cam...it looks pretty impressive if it is real and not set up to look that way.

MPH was my original plan but i was wondering if it is the best choice since the hitech seem to be doing good. anyone have the hitech blower cams?

i will never buy CMS or VT as i was caught up in the VT engine disaster.

really jus tcompairing between these 2.

i figure if i dont see enough from the hitech then i will go with the trusted MPH cams

cobrared, did you go with a stage 1 blower cam? that is what i will be switching from? why did you go that route?
Nah, I have stage 1 n/a cams in right now. I went with a custom VT grind designed to specs that make me happy. You could call it a stage 2.25 and it sure as hell wont have any problems in the low end. I wanted a late intake valve seat time for lower dynamic compression during operation, but also a close to nill overlap to build boost down low and help my PD blower. Most centri guys want some up top range so overlap is desired, my pal Emerson with a YSi trim and now Novi 2 k has Crower NPI blower cams and his has like 4 or 6 degrees (i forget) of overlap. Not a dog down low, but kills up top for sure.

Here's mine:
75608eee.jpg

lolz-1.jpg

yours does look good for you pd blower set up! congrats. the dyno sheets for the blower hitech look good. there doesnt seen to be a loss down low and they seem to really excel up top. however, that is on their own web site so who knows.

i dont know anyone with hitech centri blower cams
:shrug:

I'm running Houston performance s292 cams. I went from 431 to 516 with no other changes. I just dropped them with a cam retention tool ran them on stock valve springs for over a year and did not degree them.

Then I installed them in some patriot heads ran them for a year. went 572 at my tuners dyno and 598 at another dyno with a little S-trim. Where I tune has a very old dyno.

Then I went to T-trim and tfs intake and put down 665 still using the same cams at my tuners last week.

But MPH makes great cams. But Tim Barth at MPH use to always use hp cams.

i have foxlafe custom grind stage 1 blower cams now.

those hp cams seem impressive also. however, the peak performance is awsome but not my only concern. im also looking to keep my low end power where it is or increase with the stage 1 cams i have now if possible.

i am trying to get a blower cam that keeps lowend power and kills on top all the way to 6500 rpm of more. i want to utilive my novi 2000 with a really strong top end cam and possibly picu up some power from 2500rpm or so.

night now my car is making 5psi at 3000 rmp and i like the power comming on so soon. i want to try to keep som power dowm low.

so MPH still in

hitech still in

adding hp because you had awsome results jive. of course this is assuming that you went from a stock cam to your hp. i already have a miled blower cam

also i think all blower cams are pretty quiet at idel mine are.

MPH claims their blower cams make more hp than anyone else's. they aren't a company that throws claims like that around without being able to back it up. but i don't have experience with either cam, so take my post for whatever it's worth. not much. lol.

i have foxlafe custom grind stage 1 blower cams now.

those hp cams seem impressive also. however, the peak performance is awsome but not my only concern. im also looking to keep my low end power where it is or increase with the stage 1 cams i have now if possible.

i am trying to get a blower cam that keeps lowend power and kills on top all the way to 6500 rpm of more. i want to utilive my novi 2000 with a really strong top end cam and possibly picu up some power from 2500rpm or so.

night now my car is making 5psi at 3000 rmp and i like the power comming on so soon. i want to try to keep som power dowm low.

so MPH still in

hitech still in

adding hp because you had awsome results jive. of course this is assuming that you went from a stock cam to your hp. i already have a miled blower cam

also i think all blower cams are pretty quiet at idel mine are.

S stands for street cam. When I was using the s-trim and a stock intake it made 598/531. The intake and T-trim raised my power band not the cams and even though they where designed for less rpm they still did well when pushed to 7k.

A lot of people get good results from the same came NA.

At only 12.5psi with stock heads and intake I made 515/453 I was even runing them with stock valve spings never degreed and I dropped them in with a cam retention tool never removing the timing cover. the 80+ incease was also with the same pulley. Imagine if I did it right lol

Even people with low boost see good results from these cams
HPIM2670.jpg

They are only 531 lift. Look how flat for a Centrifuge supercharger when I pushed the little S-trim hard.

Stock intake, patriot heads and S-trim @ 16.5 psi. Not my tuners, I did 572 there but is dyno is ancient. I also read lower where I tune than anywhere else.

All the power by 6400 with stock intake and a S-trim
102_0378.jpg

Now the same cams still not degreed TFS intake with oval tb upper, and an Accufab single blade oval TB. S to T-rim same pulley

665/540 @ 20 psi and 7k rpm.

IMAGE1.jpg

The only regrets I have is that I went with the S instead of the R cam.