The Bite Of The Gila Monster...my First Attempt At Some Real Pictures..

• Sponsors (?)

Congratulations Mike, great article. One of many to come I'm sure :)
IMG_1804.JPG

That's the look of accomplishment right there

Reactions: 4 users
You deserve many more write ups. I think every car guy needs to see what you've done to that " grand ma " car.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations Mike, great article. One of many to come I'm sure :)
IMG_1804.JPG

That's the look of accomplishment right there

Nice article. Even a good SN shout-out! Great car!

You deserve many more write ups. I think every car guy needs to see what you've done to that " grand ma " car.

Badass Mike I wish I could do what you do. Recognition is nice isn't it?

First real article Mikey, good for you brother. Well deserved:nice:

I looked
I read
I liked
:nice:
You can correct my spelling anytime!

Great write up, Mike. Congrats bud, you deserve it! :nice:

Congratulations!

Awww....You Guys... Thanks.

It's why we do it right? Some people say they do it for themselves and don't care what others think, but I've always thought that was bunk...You do it because YOU think it's cool and You definitely CARE what others think...
Unless....
You never bought a pair of Converse All Stars,...Adidas, Puma, Nikes, or Tigers....

Because you can't tell me that you did it because they made you run faster, or jump higher...

You did it because it was your first attempt at fitting in,...you cared what others thought then...
Besides,...You would have had to buy Red Ball Jets,...or PF flyers to run faster and jump higher..
da656a791a2d4c1109c699eb4e292c82.jpg

I had to have me a pair,... But I was doomed to have shrews for parents,....I had to walk around in hand me down wooden shoes 2 sizes too big.

I never got to run fast.

I never got to jump higher....

But when I bought my first car,...It had to be a Mach 1,...and my parents thought it was a "waste"....
"There were a lot of perfectly good reliable cars out there that didn't attract so much attention, didn't go so fast,..and didn't have a big assed V8 in it for an engine"

Why couldn't I settle for a nice economical "sporty" car like a Maverick?

Because it's not a pair of Red Ball Jets dad!!!
and a 6 banger Maverick ain't cool!

My dad hated that car.

I loved it.

But what comes around, goes around,....Cause now I have the Monster,....

It's still far from reliable,.....It definitely attracts a bunch of attention,..and......... it goes real fast. But it doesn't have a "Big assed V8"

So,..there Dad,.....It's Got a 6 banger in it. See,...I listened to you after all,....42 years later.

Bottom line is you do what you can to show off your skills,..and Hopefully you take pride in your accomplishment. I appreciate all the kind words guys, Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats on the write up, buddy. While some of your parts come from a junk yard, I think your build is far from what most would consider a junk yard build. I am waiting for you to get it in front of some Hot Rod editors, or some other similar publication.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on the write up, buddy. While some of your parts come from a junk yard, I think your build is far from what most would consider a junk yard build. I am waiting for you to get it in front of some Hot Rod editors, or some other similar publication.
Yeah,...the guy had to search for the "tie-in" to his website. The truth is that there are actually quite a few things a JY coughed up as a source for the parts,...Obviously the engine. The transmission,...the SN 95 rear, the SN 95 spindles, and the EDIS-6 stuff.
I could have left the trans alone internally as it looked really good when I opened it up. But it still needed the upgrading to the case, and the valve body to modify it to work manually, but once it was disassembled
it got rebuilt. The rear got the same, treatment including an inch ha
The EDIS stuff was just cleaned up,...It's straight JY life..;)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
"This was no ordinary paint and insert your belly button engine — i.e., small block Ford/Chevy, Coyote, or LS engine swap"

Bet you're all the more glad you didn't go the LS route!

Seriously though,very very cool.

Couple things:

#1. That guy did a better job of showing off your car than you did in the last 285+ pages of your thread. I have an all new appreciation for your work.

#2. That interior is absolutely fantastic.

Seriously though,very very cool.

Couple things:

#1. That guy did a better job of showing off your car than you did in the last 285+ pages of your thread. I have an all new appreciation for your work.

#2. That interior is absolutely fantastic.

I was planning on doing a very short photo shoot, detail like that guy did,..but I guess I don't need to do that now....that's how they put 4 years worth of blater into one single webpage.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Excellent photos, interesting write-up, a little air-brushed, but maybe that's his job. Mike, those are the photos I've been hoping to see. It's a stunning car. I hope you accomplish the sound control, and the rear suspension improvements, and usable gauges, and solid reliability, and the rest of your to-do list, but already it's so nice!

Excellent photos, interesting write-up, a little air-brushed, but maybe that's his job. Mike, those are the photos I've been hoping to see. It's a stunning car. I hope you accomplish the sound control, and the rear suspension improvements, and usable gauges, and solid reliability, and the rest of your to-do list, but already it's so nice!
Thanks,..but I gotta ask.....

Where do you see any evidence of air brushing?

Reactions: 1 user