The "Blackened blue skin"

• Sponsors (?)

I'm just curious. Why are the extra award points for running the dark blue moon skin?
Noobz347?

Hmmm... That's a very deep and existential question that requires a great deal of of thought and considerable contemplation. But... to make a long story short, MRaburn put me in charge of the trophy system. The dark theme is my favorite while he likes the other one. :D

Coooooooome to the dark siiiiide!

Hmmm... That's a very deep and existential question that requires a great deal of of thought and considerable contemplation. But... to make a long story short, MRaburn put me in charge of the trophy system. The dark theme is my favorite while he likes the other one. :D

Coooooooome to the dark siiiiide!

You'd think then the Boss' favorite would award the higher point value...Go figure.

I am currently using the darker version, The only thing I don't like is when you move the cursor around in the text to edit something. ( it gets lost too easy)

I much prefer the dark skin, but if someone uses blue text (jrichter) it is almost impossible to read.

That is partially my fault. Let me explain:

JRichker has many previoulsy planned responses and checklists for various situations. Those responses come from a word processor with color code and font already in them. Most of the text colors are set to black. Invisible on the dark skin. So I placed a temporary patch-fix in the forum to catch as much of that black text code as possible and turn it blue.

On my screen the blue is at least readable. I may have to go in and select a different color. Yours is the first feedback I've seen for the blue... I'll look for something more suitable.

I will eventually find a better fix. It just hasn't come to me yet.

That is partially my fault. Let me explain:

JRichker has many previoulsy planned responses and checklists for various situations. Those responses come from a word processor with color code and font already in them. Most of the text colors are set to black. Invisible on the dark skin. So I placed a temporary patch-fix in the forum to catch as much of that black text code as possible and turn it blue.

On my screen the blue is at least readable. I may have to go in and select a different color. Yours is the first feedback I've seen for the blue... I'll look for something more suitable.

I will eventually find a better fix. It just hasn't come to me yet.
RED works on any color ( except red of course)

Ok... change is made. Keep in mind that it won't effect ALL of it but just those things that are BB coded to black (they will now appear red).

Again... it's just a temporary measure until I can put some sort of conditional filter together that will find all of the mismatched text color code. Some of it uses no chit codes while others are things like: TextColor=Black (which means nothing to anyone except the proprietary software it came from).

madmike1157
wythors

When redoing the sticky's in 94-95 Tech I had to redo all the font colors because when I viewed in both Dark Moon and Blue Moon some of the colors couldn't be read. I switched everything to black and all is well now. I had different color fonts for different cars so if you went in the sticky and had say a Cobra then all the blue fonts were the items that applied to your Cobra. It worked with the old VB forums.