The "Canary Yellow 95 GT" progress thread.

SVT32VDOHC

waiting for the next hack atta
Founding Member
Nov 22, 2001
Motor City
In September I bought a 1995 GT convertible. 114,000 miles, all stock besides Flowmaster weld-in mufflers. AODE trans, black top, black leather. I slowly worked on it after work for the past two months. Car was in great shape when I bought it and better now.

Sorry I don't have beautiful pictures right now. It's winter, gloomy and muddy around here. Just needs the emblems and the interior cleaned and she's gonna be parked til spring when it's going up for sale.

DSC06783.jpg

DSC06785.jpg

DSC06786.jpg

DSC06805.jpg

DSC06806.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00134.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00267.jpg

DSC00270.jpg

DSC00272.jpg

DSC00273.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks a lot guys. Well, I would sell right now, but I don't know if I can with Christmas a week away. EVen though we don't have snow yet, it is winter too. Darn. I might have to sit on it all winter. I really want to move it soon, so it is going on CL after Christmas. Gonna try and see if I can get lucky. Otherwise, in the spring it should be gone soon.

The paint came out excellent. I am really happy with it. This is basecoat clear coat on the entire car, except for the front cover. I single staged the cover because it holds up better against rock chips. The single stage is left over Hack Job paint. Same color code. The new headlights and turn signals were a must and I wetsanded the fog lights because they were hazy. Interior will get a clean up when I get it home. You can't clean an interior in the shop because the floor is filthy, you just track it everywehre inside the car.

The tri-bars are chrome. They did a good job, whoever did them. They are pitting slightly, and I mean slighty. I'm shocked to how good of shape they are in. And I'm also happy somebody put on new Yokohama tires before they wrecked it. That's a huge plus.

Once again...not surprised. :rolleyes:
Great job. :nice: You can really sling some paint.

Didn't really follow you for the reason to cut the rad. Would it pump tranny fluid every time you moved the car? My experience with auto's = fail.

Once again...not surprised. :rolleyes:
Great job. :nice: You can really sling some paint.

Didn't really follow you for the reason to cut the rad. Would it pump tranny fluid every time you moved the car? My experience with auto's = fail.

Thanks man!! And yes, everytime you move that thing, the pump will turn and the fluid will pump out all over the place. It's a mess!!!:eek:

Thanks boys!!! I try to buy a Mustang or two every year. I took a long break after Hack Job. I was burnt out. So, I found this and snagged it. I tried to do some 99-04 GT's, but why spend double the money to get them, be forced to sell them for twice what a 94-95 GT is worth....yet make the same profit!!??? I like buying older cars now. People can't afford 7-8K cars right now, but 4-5K they can. I'd be happy with 5K. I'd like 5,500. My Dad's business partner sold a P.O.S 100K 99GT for 4,700, so I know I can get more than his POS.