The Car Cover Thread - What You Got?

I ordered the cover for our cars and are super pleased. The cover is great. Fits perfect, tight, and nice material with the straps and cable, etc.
Thanks to Noobz for alerting us to this company.
In any case, anyone whom is looking for a nice inexpensive cover (in comparison to other prices) I recommend this deal as the company is still having 50% off with free shipping. My cover arrived nicely packaged in a vacuum tight bag about 2 days after ordering. Great business!

Attachments

• DE63A608-434D-4FCE-A300-B51BCD04B4E1.jpeg
    DE63A608-434D-4FCE-A300-B51BCD04B4E1.jpeg
    766.8 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is one of the two covers I bought (way back when). I couldn't tell you which was which. This is the one with the oil stain on it. :rlaugh:

1627077721697.png

Otherwise, they are in essentially the same condition (the other one doesn't have an oil stain :D )

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,
Just painted my 1966 ford mustang straight 6. It is garaged but I want a car cover that works indoor and outdoor, easy to fold and store, high quality without breaking the bank. Has any had a good experience with a particular brand. There’s a lot on the market but I’m guessing you get what you pay for but you can also pay more than is necessary.

Hi,
Just painted my 1966 ford mustang straight 6. It is garaged but I want a car cover that works indoor and outdoor, easy to fold and store, high quality without breaking the bank. Has any had a good experience with a particular brand. There’s a lot on the market but I’m guessing you get what you pay for but you can also pay more than is necessary.
I moved your post to this thread. It has been an on going discussion. :)

Welcome aboard! :SN:

Reactions: 1 user
I ordered the cover for our cars and are super pleased. The cover is great. Fits perfect, tight, and nice material with the straps and cable, etc.
Thanks to Noobz for alerting us to this company.
In any case, anyone whom is looking for a nice inexpensive cover (in comparison to other prices) I recommend this deal as the company is still having 50% off with free shipping. My cover arrived nicely packaged in a vacuum tight bag about 2 days after ordering. Great business!
Is this a custom fit? Where did you get it? This also looks like maybe an old post? I’m confused navigating here I’m a newbie here

By the way....

I am in the process of putting together an outdoor specific car cover. Sneak peek:

1697298310035.png

It will probably be a year of sun, wind, and rain, before I give any durability feedback.

Setup is fairly straight forward and the instructions pretty much suck balls.

This is where I stopped yesterday. It's too windy at the moment to put the rest of the canvas on.

Is this a custom fit? Where did you get it? This also looks like maybe an old post? I’m confused navigating here I’m a newbie here

He got the same one I have. You can find them here:

www.carautocovers.com

As for custom fit well... I have the same cover for my 1986 Mustang GT that I have for my 2012 Cadillac CTSV. They are gathered at the bottom (like a fitted sheet) so stay put pretty well.

For very high wind days/areas, I would recommend 1 or 2 bungees strung through the available eyelets and run under the car.

The cover is still available from the link that @Noobz347 just posted.
The price and quality is well worth it in my opinion. It’s been a few years and I am still very happy with the outdoor and the indoor covers I have ordered from them for my 91 Mustang and the 86 Buick. I would purchase again.
I wouldn’t say the fit is “custom” but it fits perfect and as @Noobz347 described in his post. We are both happy with the cover.

CarCover.com is having a great sale if anyone is looking for an indoor or outdoor cover. 60% is already taken off plus an additional 20% off using code: USA20

Attachments

• IMG_0628.png
    IMG_0628.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0629.png
    IMG_0629.png
    826.6 KB · Views: 24
Just gonna leave this here

IMG_6189.png

Last edited:
Really an awesome looking cover.

I know the blue was the original Ford Motorsport color combo…….. but they may get me if they did one with reds and gray.
If I was spending that much, it would have to match the car.

Yeah, worked out to $435. Soji and I are fans. Pretty happy with it. Fits nicely. Material feels nice, though I tested a little water on it and it soaks right through. So, it's definitely an only indoor kind of cover. Might seem obvious to some, though my 15 year old fitted Califorina Car Cover is an indoor cover that repels water.

Last edited: