The Car Cover Thread - What You Got?

• Sponsors (?)

So, I just ordered another one of these. My daughter stole mine for her CTS-4. :notnice:

So far, so good. She's got a pillar drain leaking so covers hers just about every day. The inside has stayed soft and the outside stayed tough.

Well. good enough that I bought another.
I'm thinking their term "coupe" is not applied to Mustangs the same way we use it. I'd guess their covers are for hatchbacks (technically a 3 door)
upload_2017-8-31_13-9-34.png

I bought a nice custom fit one from Amazon for the Vette thats a little waterproof and has a nice soft underside. Gotta try and find a pic.

I still have zero complaints about the cover bought in the first post. I'm actually going to hit them up for one for my Suburban since it spends a lot of time parked these days (gets used on the weekends mostly).

The cover's most important job is to keep the bird :poo: off the cars. :notnice:

Oh! One of the plastic "fastex" clips broke. Not because of wind or weather but because I yanked on it thinking it was released. I replaced it with one from an old backpack.

I'll try to remember to take a pic or 2 when I get home from work. It's a cottony type underside. The stripes on the Cobra are weathered, dry, and cracked. Fibers from the cover have stuck to it, but otherwise I've not seen any adverse effects on the paint itself.

Reactions: 1 user
Here are those pics. I'd say they're good for a year, maybe 2, in the elements. The cover on the Cobra is already starting to become a little brittle. It could be because it's a little cold out too, hard telling.
IMG_20191114_160140.jpg
IMG_20191114_160156.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Hey folks. I just ordered a car cover for a $145 that I nearly paid $280 for a week ago.

They have nothing to do with me or Stangnet. I just thought it was a good deal.

They're at 50% off until midnight so I'm passing it along.

www.carautocovers.com

I just picked up one of their 5 layer covers for the new DD.

I will likely kill this thread once the sale expires.

p.s. I don't actually know if it's a good cover or not. I'll let ya know what I think when it arrives.

Edit: Thread title change and questions: What covers do you all have? How old is it and how is it holding up? What would you change?
I just checked this websight and guess what, they are currently having a 50% off sale again for Father’s Day! In addition, if you enter promo code “FATHER10” you get another 10%off!!
5 layer exterior water proof custom fit cover for our cars comes to 135.00 bucks. Not bad if anyone is interested. Thanks to Noobz347 for originally posting this back in 2017.

I just checked this websight and guess what, they are currently having a 50% off sale again for Father’s Day! In addition, if you enter promo code “FATHER10” you get another 10%off!!
5 layer exterior water proof custom fit cover for our cars comes to 135.00 bucks. Not bad if anyone is interested. Thanks to Noobz347 for originally posting this back in 2017.
I still have both of the covers I bought. Both are still in good shape. I think one of the plastic clips broke for one of the straps.

I still have both of the covers I bought. Both are still in good shape. I think one of the plastic clips broke for one of the straps.
It’s an awesome deal! Glad you posted that years ago. I just happen to check the websight now and due to Father’s Day the sale is on. Ya Can’t go wrong for that price and especially that you road tested it already and give it a thumbs up!