Deece

Sep 16, 2005
maggie2yr245.jpg

maggie2yr249.jpg

02-10-06007.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

Ok so I am thinking about selling my vert I realy don't want to but I rarely drive it and there are other things I could use the cash for. I have no idea what it might bring however. here is whats done at least the short list

1986 LX vert originally
paint is 2 years old and was done at a ford garage they put 290 hrs into the paint and body. top was also replaced at that time.
Global west subframes
Mac upper and Lower control arms
baer track rear brakes 12"
Baer 13" eradispeed discs up front w/ PBr mach 1 calipers
steeda ultralite wheels (17x9)
bfg tires 275 45 rear 255 40 front I believe fronts are new rears 1/2 there still
3.27 REAR END
c-4 AUTO With 2500 stall converter
B&M shifter
front seats out of a 99 35th anny car (black and silver leather)
I also have the rear from the car but haven't reworked it to fit just yet
real Saleen side skirts and rear valance 79 Pace car nose and hood
Mac off road pipe and exhaust bbk shorty swap headers
Steeda sport lowering springs
5 lug conversion (obviously)
Saleen wing
Doors and rear interior panels (seatbelts) are out of a 93 also so are the door panels
cyberdyne gauges
all new weatherstripping
87+ tail lights
very nice set of Marchal fogs and covers (white and Black) are now on the car the switch is not installed however
electric fan
larger radiator
steeda strut tower brace (not installed I'll explain later)
1971 351 block (higher nickel content)
Motor is 30 over with forged pistons it has been converted to hydro roller with comp cams link bar lifters (the good ones)
dss windage tray and main girdle
3/4 inch drop motor mounts
gt40 y303 heads that were gasket matched to the intake
gt40 intake powder coated black
heads have shaft mount roller rockers on them now.
bbk valve covers powdercoated black
trick flow stage 1 cam
pro products throttle body
car was converted to Mass air witha A9l family computer (can't remember which one for sure)
bbk CAI
march alternator bracket
ac delete (still have the parts)
billet PS pump braket
new alternator
new water pump
pro-m 30# mass air meter and 30# injectors
polished master cyl from a 95
black boot cover
Caster camber plates
Msd box still new in the box
Msd dizzy
march underdrive pulleys
aluminum drive shaft
steeda drive shaft spacer for a C-4

I am sure I am forgetting a lot of stuff but I just want a general Idea here are the good things about the car

everything has less than 300 Mi on it the motor was professionally build and though it has not been on a dyno it should be putting out around 380 to 400 hp at the crank. Car handles great and is extremely tight in the corners It could use a bump steer kit (I have one less the heim joints) brakes were great before the new motor went in I think there is not enough vac right now a larger booster would help or I also have a hydroboost system I was going to put on. The car is very quick And looks great. the paint is flawless it is untinted black (straight black pigment) the silver on the scoop is mached to the wheels. It has a very deep luster and as you can see from the pics you can see your reflection quite easily. A flaws I can think of are as follows

the speedo is not working corrrectly It is either the sending unit (I have a new one in a box) or I picked up the signal on the wrong wire

the above mentioned brakes
rear seat does not match the fronts but is included
aftermarket dash pad that is a bit warped
the drop motor mounts have about 1/2 inch of washers stacked to raise the motor up a bit this was done because the oil pan was hitting on the steering rack this could be solved with regular motor mounts (strut tower brace would have to be reworked a bit then) a aftermarket K-member or I believe a aftermarket oil pan
the driver side rear tire rubs a bit if you hit a bump. I haven't gotten around to rolling the fender yet
the trunk liner and trim are not installed in the car right now but are included
drivers seat power is not hooked up I was goning to but the power track seems to high 1 in higher I believe I was going to swap in my old manual track. antenna is not installed no is a radio. I am sure there are a few more things but I cant seem to think of them. I need to get some more pics but right now I am just kicking around the idea of getting rid of it. If I keep it I am gonna be too temped to buy more stuff (6 speed kenne bell and MM front suspension) I would love to do that however I really can't justify it however that hasn't stopped me in the past.

• Sponsors (?)

First of all, you have to get everything working. People think a car is a peice of junk without everything working properly. And your list of things not working...is very long.

In reality, you probably have 15-18K, or more in your car, people are going to expect to pay less than half of that amount. I would be happy with getting half of my money back. But, the car looks very nice, so it will attract many buyers, you just have to weed out the idiots and find one person that respects the work it has into it.