The fastest you have had your car

• Sponsors (?)

sade04 said:
is it just me or do our cars seem like theyre floating @ high speeds with the stock suspension?

Exactly, feels very unstable almost like the body wants to lift off the car. Ive had mine at about 130, fast enough for me. It was during the day in the summer on a long stretch of empty interstate.

I've been 130mph driving my car and don't have a desire to go any faster really...my car is to old for me to trust it. In my Gt I would sustain those speeds for longer periods of time due to the reliability and solidness of it...

When I had a vortech s-trim I took mine up to 130 with the top down. Vacuum created in my car at that speed sucked a cup right out of the cup holder. :D

When I had the incon twin turbos I took it up to 150 when I chickened out (or got smart) with the top up. Since then, I've decided it's just stupid to go that fast on public roads. All it would take would be for some critter (big or small) or a tire to blow and you're history. :nono:

Now that my engine is basically stock, but I have the Bullitt suspension and sub frames, I'm sure it would be much more stable. With 3.73 gears and fewer horses under the hood, mine probably won't do 130 or more. As I stated above - I'm not even going to try anymore. :flag: :flag:

Besides, I'm putting it up for sale next week. :cheers: