The "FrankenStang gets a makeover" progress thread.

I took out my 3rd brake light just to see. It would have been a lot quicker to hook it up and screw it in place. :shrug:

I'm glad this guy is your ex. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I took out my 3rd brake light just to see. It would have been a lot quicker to hook it up and screw it in place. :shrug:

I'm glad this guy is your ex. :nice:
Me too. :nice:

how long did it take you to realize this guy was a dumbass?:nonono:
Not long at all. Waited for him to leave ME though because he always said that if I left him, he'd kill me. :shrug:

Not long at all. Waited for him to leave ME though because he always said that if I left him, he'd kill me. :shrug:

im trying to figure out what is worse filling the hole in a real saleen wing or threatening you :shrug:

im gonna go with filling the hole in the wing cuz now it is useless to me:p

either way you sure picked a winner:nonono:

wait.... your only making the front a capri? back stang???

Eventually, the exterior will be all Capri. Front and back.

im trying to figure out what is worse filling the hole in a real saleen wing or threatening you :shrug:

im gonna go with filling the hole in the wing cuz now it is useless to me:p

either way you sure picked a winner:nonono:

Well, that's real nice of you. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Don't forget, you gotta hunt down side moldings, quarter windows/trim, AND a rear bumper to go with that front bumper and hood we found. :D

Just thought that hole in the wing was weird because that looks like where the rear bolt hole used to be. I thought it got knocked in, or something. :shrug:

Speaking of which ... I guess this means we're gonna have to track down a 3rd brake light lens and bulb socket, and then figure out how to wire it up. Otherwise, you're going to be running around with an empty gaping hole on the back of your wing for awhile. Scorpions might make a home in there, or something... :eek:

Don't forget, you gotta hunt down side moldings, quarter windows/trim, AND a rear bumper to go with that front bumper and hood we found. :D

Just thought that hole in the wing was weird because that looks like where the rear bolt hole used to be. I thought it got knocked in, or something. :shrug:

Speaking of which ... I guess this means we're gonna have to track down a 3rd brake light lens and bulb socket, and then figure out how to wire it up. Otherwise, you're going to be running around with an empty gaping hole on the back of your wing for awhile. Scorpions might make a home in there, or something... :eek:

No, do not put the scorpion curse on me! :eek: :lol:

I know, it's not going to be cheap turning this thing back into a Capri. :bang: :(

Yeah, it started it's life as an '80 Capri and my Ex got it in his head to make it a '90 Mustang. Originally, it was done as a Saleen clone. Ground effects all around, wing, stickers, everything. I took the side and rear ground effects and Saleen stickers off because I was sick of being pulled over back in the '90's when Saleens were being stolen left and right. I'm now in the process of turning it back into a Capri. Basically, undoing what my Ex did. Except for the 5.0 that's in there. I'm not going back to a four banger. :nonono:

I wish I had pictures of it when it was first done. It really was beautiful. :(