The good, the bad, and the ugly on pre 01 cobras

original sucks

Founding Member
Aug 5, 2000
Clayton, CA
Well the title says it all. Im looking to possibly purchase a pre 01 cobra to replace my stolen 5.0 if my budget permits. (depends on what my insurance company forks over) Im looking for all the things to watch out for on certain year cobras. Which year is the best for the 32v motor. For example, i hear the 96 has some issues of some sort. I might be interested in the 5.0 snakes too. I have a good idea what each came equiped with, but i dont know how each stands for a long term car. I want something reliable, but i can hop up quite a bit too. I need room for improvemen here. So if there is any info at all that you think will be helpful, please chime in.

• Sponsors (?)

96's had an overheating issue, but it's easily fixed(and most have been) by a radiator swap...other than that, the 99's had more power than the 96-98's did after they got the fix on them...Typical tranny issues are the only real problems that these cars had too...

a good site to comapre is to go to http://www.scoa.org and click on "ABOUT" on the left hand side...