The Hoopty Still Lives.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
The guy that bought my car still posts on a local board. For those of you unfamiliar, I got a car 90% done, got frustrated, and sold it to buy a friends 99 GT with a blower. Hindsight? I'll let you decide.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnQmib7iJkc&feature=youtu.be

427W
AFR 225s
200 shot
C4

He put the rest of the money in it that it deserved (that I was too impatient to wait for)

They guy is nuts. He is trying to feed the W as much gas as it takes to go 8s.

Yeah.

He put it into the wall earlier this year, I guess he's back at it again. I mean, sheit happens when you carry the front tires for the first 60', right?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Here's where the hindsight comes in -

svtvgt008.jpg

I took an otherwise driveable street car and started tinkering. The snowball picked up speed and then....

Then I'll direct you to the thread that @madmike1157 created about crushing your car. I still wish I had a 5.0 with my letter cam to give the idle some character. The 3550 shifted like butter. It was a simpler time, haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Well,..you're not alone.
That video clip is indicative of why we do it. I mean, imagine what that feels like.
The closest most of us will experience what it's like to pilot an F18 and get blasted off the end of a super carrier,.... or hitch a ride aimed at space while laying on your back. A 1.30 60' generates what???? 5G's? The adrenaline high that comes with that is the crack that makes most lose all reason, and decide to "retire the car from street duty."

But then one day,....during the coldest days of the dead of winter, you realize that the retirement party you threw for your now irreversibly butchered fox body shell was more like a funeral, and there's no DR. Frankenstein around to reanimate dead metal.

That brings about another thought:

Bracket car = Car zombie.

EEEECCCCCCFFFFFFOOOURRRSSSS!!!!.

Sorry,.... couldn't find anything related to brains on a car that rhymed.:O_o:

first off my neck hurst. second looks like a fun ride I don't know your financial/ family situation but if it were my car I would have got a second part time job. looks like a hell of a toy.
I spent ~200 days a year offshore then, so money wasn't too much of an issue. It was the fact that I had so few days on land to enjoy what I had and got tired of constantly pouring money in with no means to enjoy it. I got to drive it a few times before I sold it, it was nastyyyy on the street. Never got it to the track, but you see what would have happened above.

Reactions: 2 users
One that I made?

And no, I never got it to lift any tires, but it makes me wonder if it could have.

@madmike1157 is the only grammar nazi I care to make fun of. As for you Hoops, shoulda kept that notch and tamed her, cause now you aint got neither car and talk about some boat floating to Korea or something.

@madmike1157 is the only grammar nazi I care to make fun of. As for you Hoops, shoulda kept that notch and tamed her, cause now you aint got neither car and talk about some boat floating to Korea or something.

You're making fun of me for what reason?

** In my best Kwai Chang Cain calm Chinese voice.

Make sure your house is een a orduh before you start fringing rice at a you neighbor.

Reactions: 1 users