Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

I officially own another 351 roller motor. Got a back up for the truck or car depending on what happens hahaha

Still haven’t made it to the garage to do anything yet. Been swamped with work, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
What's the status of the truck? I always like to stay up to date on the side vehicles.
It's got a bed FULLLLLLL of sht that I've cleaned out of my garage to take to the dump tomorrow.

Other than that, it has a battery draining issue that I'm too lazy to chase down, so I just leave the + cable disconnected. I drove it to work a few weeks ago and the security guard told me some dude in the building next door HAD TO buy it, so I gave him my contact info to pass on to talk money, but he never called.

That's about it. I'd love to mess with it more, but it runs and drives as it should and I don't have any spare time for it, haha

IMG_1776.JPG

Reactions: 1 users
It's got a bed FULLLLLLL of sht that I've cleaned out of my garage to take to the dump tomorrow.

Other than that, it has a battery draining issue that I'm too lazy to chase down, so I just leave the + cable disconnected. I drove it to work a few weeks ago and the security guard told me some dude in the building next door HAD TO buy it, so I gave him my contact info to pass on to talk money, but he never called.

That's about it. I'd love to mess with it more, but it runs and drives as it should and I don't have any spare time for it, haha

IMG_1776.JPG
I really want a truck like that. Wife said she'd be fine with it if I can find something for around $1k. Unlikely. Only other way would be if I sold my Mercury. That ain't happening.

I really want a truck like that. Wife said she'd be fine with it if I can find something for around $1k. Unlikely. Only other way would be if I sold my Mercury. That ain't happening.
That's gonna be tough. The clean ones are owned by people who want them. The rest are clapped out shtboxes not worth saving. That said, I paid $2k for mine. I'll keep an eye out.

That's gonna be tough. The clean ones are owned by people who want them. The rest are clapped out shtboxes not worth saving. That said, I paid $2k for mine. I'll keep an eye out.
Yep. Right now everything near me that's sub-$2k falls into the clapped out category.
I never should have sold my '96 F-150. I regret selling it more than any other vehicle.

Damn, I paid $6700 for my F250, but that’s because it’s all original and rust free which is a unicorn here in Iowa.
It's not so difficult to find a rust free truck down here, but an all-original truck with one or two owners in the shape your's is in would run about the same price here. The old honest pickup trucks are getting scarce enough everywhere that they're not really cheap anymore. Same thing that's happen(ing/ed) with Fox Mustangs.

Side bar -

I've been talking with a dude today with a 2014 coyote pull out and parts for a fox swap. He wanted to trade me for my complete set up. I aaaaalmost bit, but I'd need another $2k in parts stuffs so I passed. If it was a complete drop-and-go package, I'd have been on it like stink on sht.

Reactions: 1 user
Side bar -

I've been talking with a dude today with a 2014 coyote pull out and parts for a fox swap. He wanted to trade me for my complete set up. I aaaaalmost bit, but I'd need another $2k in parts stuffs so I passed. If it was a complete drop-and-go package, I'd have been on it like stink on sht.

I’ll tell you this about the magical coyote... You don’t start feeling any power until 3500-4000 rpms. It’s a screamer no doubt, but low end is not it’s strong suit. I always longed to put a PD blower on mine to have some friggin usable torque.

I’ll tell you this about the magical coyote... You don’t start feeling any power until 3500-4000 rpms. It’s a screamer no doubt, but low end is not it’s strong suit. I always longed to put a PD blower on mine to have some friggin usable torque.
Yeah I had a 2012 for a hot minute. Ran like a 2 stroke haha