Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

On my mustang,and my truck-I had to use the repair sleeve to keep it from seeping/leaking
178193F7-0D1C-422E-994D-499D696CDE25.jpeg
Nah the damn rubber seal keeps getting pushed in and won’t seal around the shaft.

Same reason i have an 8 month old now. :O_o:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Back up and running on 8 cylinders again. Got the coils and front seal replaced. It took me about 15 tries to get the damper on with the seal not folded in on itself. What a shyt show.

Mileage may have to wait, im going to NOLA to party for the weekend. Im going to hurt my liver.

• Surprised
I had a minor freak out this morning. I'm off work today, I got my coffee, cracked open the laptop at the kitchen table, and looked at my datalog from yesterday.

RPM? 3600 and change... OK
AFR? Safe.
Timing? Seems reasonable.
kPa? 112.... Man, it's been so long, I forgot what that translates to in psi... *opens Google*

112kPA = 16.8 PSI
Y'all, I about spit my fkn coffee everywhere. How in the HELL was I making 16 psi at only 3600 rpm at half throttle?????
And then it hit me.... this is absolute pressure. Completely forgot that atmospheric pressure is 101 kPa.

Alright, I'm awake now.

• Surprised
I had a minor freak out this morning. I'm off work today, I got my coffee, cracked open the laptop at the kitchen table, and looked at my datalog from yesterday.

RPM? 3600 and change... OK
AFR? Safe.
Timing? Seems reasonable.
kPa? 112.... Man, it's been so long, I forgot what that translates to in psi... *opens Google*

112kPA = 16.8 PSI
Y'all, I about spit my fkn coffee everywhere. How in the HELL was I making 16 psi at only 3600 rpm at half throttle?????
And then it hit me.... this is absolute pressure. Completely forgot that atmospheric pressure is 101 kPa.

Alright, I'm awake now.

:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Your math is wrong sir... everything 7 kPa is equal to 1 psi of boost, which is what you Googled...BUT

You started with the wrong number, since atmosphere is 100kPa. You need to subtract the 100kPa then divide it by 7 so.....

112 kPa - 100 kPa = 12 kPa
12 kPa / 7 (conversion of kPa to boost) = 1.7 psi of boost

Now back to our regular scheduled program...Get this on the road:stick:

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
:nono::nono::nono::nono:

Your math is wrong sir... everything 7 kPa is equal to 1 psi of boost, which is what you Googled...BUT

You started with the wrong number, since atmosphere is 100kPa. You need to subtract the 100kPa then divide it by 7 so.....

112 kPa - 100 kPa = 12 kPa
12 kPa / 7 (conversion of kPa to boost) = 1.7 psi of boost

Now back to our regular scheduled program...Get this on the road:stick:
Yeah, thanks!
I knew it didn’t make sense. I have a teeny tiny spring in the WG that hardly takes any effort at all to compress. It was early and i hadn’t had my coffee yet

Reactions: 1 user
Man....What a difference a spun rod bearing will make in Collins approach to test and tuning.

Before:
Blowing off charge tubes, YouTube vids in tunnels while hammering down at 20+ psi,...followed immediately by " I gotta knock" confessions here....
To......

Today I made 1.7 psi! ....Woot!

• Haha
  • Surprised
Reactions: 3 users
I removed my damper AGAIN last night and pumped a bunch of black RTV into the gap between the timing cover and oil pan where the oil was coming from.
Steve sent me an updated tune, so I'll load it in this evening and go motor around some - hopefully leak free this time - and see where it gets us.

I don't have any vacuum hoses hooked up to the WG right now, so it's probably wide open at idle because of the wussy little bic pen spring that's in there now.

Reactions: 1 user
I removed my damper AGAIN last night and pumped a bunch of black RTV into the gap between the timing cover and oil pan where the oil was coming from.
Steve sent me an updated tune, so I'll load it in this evening and go motor around some - hopefully leak free this time - and see where it gets us.

I don't have any vacuum hoses hooked up to the WG right now, so it's probably wide open at idle because of the wussy little bic pen spring that's in there now.
They're not " vacuum" hoses. The hoses show boost pressure to the gate.